Aston Martin To Continue Making Petrol Models Well Into The 2030s

A MAJOR British car brand is set to delay creating EVs and will continue make petrol models well into the next decade.

Aston Martin recently pushed back its plans to launch its first electric car in 2025 to 2027.

Lawrence Stroll, executive chairman of Aston MartinCredit: Alamy

Now, executive chairman Lawrence Stroll has said there will "always be demand" for combustion-engined cars - such as its V8 and V12 models.

Like its rivals, the 111-year-old manufacturer will have to grapple with a ban on new petrol or diesel cars in Britain from 2035.

But the motors boss pledged to keep selling them for as long as he is legally allowed to.

Stroll told Autocar: "For as long as we're allowed to make ICE cars, we'll make them.

Good on em. This ridiculous fascination with unreliable,  dangerous and over priced cars that are worse for the environment than internal combustion engines needs to stop.

Electric definitely ISNT the future in my opinion. 

Your thoughts?

https://www.thesun.co.uk/motors/27249389/major-british-car-brand-continue-petrol-models/?utm_term=Autofeed&utm_campaign=sunmotorsfacebook&utm_medium=Social&utm_source=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR0DY30YBqne72zLiORovHIBJnIUp-ae3eR8T3gWW2_bpEyg2dz_xRQhh0I#Echobox=1712833394

I think the ban will have to be pushed back anyway as the infrastructure simply can't be in place in time.

That combined with the higher price for electric and hybrid when compared to a similar model ICE car means the majority of people would just not be able to afford to change.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

I think the ban will have to be pushed back anyway as the infrastructure simply can't be in place in time.

That combined with the higher price for electric and hybrid when compared to a similar model ICE car means the majority of people would just not be able to afford to change.

I agree, the deadline will be pushed back. But personally, some of my equipment is petrol powered and some electric, cars and lorries will be the same.

No big deal.

Thing is… the deadline can’t be pushed back much more.

It has already been pushed back — and is having a devastating effect on emissions and the climate.

2030 is pretty much the dead end for us securing the future of the planet.

(I know there are climate sceptics, but I do believe in the science presented, that most authorities and governments accept, and think this is literally a pivotal moment for the world).

5 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

It has already been pushed back — and is having a devastating effect on emissions and the climate.

(I know there are climate sceptics, but I do believe in the science presented, that most authorities and governments accept, and think this is literally a pivotal moment for the world).

Climate sceptics? 

I love these names given to people who have a different opinion on 'the current thing' 

21 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

The bit in brackets is used to scare people into submission. 

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

The bit in brackets is simply an acknowledgement that there is a different viewpoint. Nothing more.

And the label?

You can say there are people with different viewpoints without having to use an inaccurate label. 

13 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

And the label?

You can say there are people with different viewpoints without having to use an inaccurate label. 

Is it inaccurate? I’m talking about people who are sceptical of climate change— i.e. climate sceptics. That, in my view isn’t an ‘inaccurate label’.

I’m sorry if you feel targeted, I didn’t aim it at anyone specifically and made a general comment, but — to me — if you are sceptical about the effects of climate change then in my view you are a ‘climate sceptic’.