The Family Club

Not United although that's how they like to describe them selves .

No it's the HSBC ground at Ecclesall now being sold to the high and mighty premier club , meaning that the kids and community who have used this ground for generations are being evicted so as the big time Charley,s can take it over . Grass roots football the victims again . The kids are now training in a water logged park that is just a swamp as seen on the BBC look North tonight .It stinks

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

57 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Not United although that's how they like to describe them selves .

No it's the HSBC ground at Ecclesall now being sold to the high and mighty premier club , meaning that the kids and community who have used this ground for generations are being evicted so as the big time Charley,s can take it over . Grass roots football the victims again . The kids are now training in a water logged park that is just a swamp as seen on the BBC look North tonight .It stinks

I heard one of the kids teams managers on Radio Sheffield this morning…he was a mix of anger & upset at the situation….Surely United will have taken this situation into account when they’ve committed to take on the HSBC ground …

I'll say this for you cuttsie you're a genuine Sheffielder, if you didn't have something to moan about you'd be as miserable as sin.

Glad to oblige, you should be grateful to dem Blades.

By the way, I don't know if you're aware but we get parachute payments for three seasons after we get relegated.

You may not have  heard them but it's true, great idea when you think about it, enormous help to those clubs that have actually managed to get promoted to the Premier League. They were introduced in the 2006/07 season so you may not be aware.

What do you think?

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, m williamson said:

I'll say this for you cuttsie you're a genuine Sheffielder, if you didn't have something to moan about you'd be as miserable as sin.

By the way, I don't know if you're aware but we get parachute payments for three seasons after we get relegated.

You may not have  heard them but it's true, great idea when you think about it, enormous help to those clubs that have actually managed to get promoted to the Premier League. They were introduced in the 2006/07 season so you may not be aware.

What do you think?

Tell thi what I think .I think they should be satisfied with what they have already .no need to kick community facilities into touch .It's typical of the big time Charly,s , take take take .

We at Owlerton may have got a adjacent training pitch with just a hut to change in and a punctured tent  ,but the kids play on it and it's Northern working class environment . You can stuff your prawn sandwich carry on up your jacksies.  The real family club is in the North of Sheffield .

24 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Tell thi what I think .I think they should be satisfied with what they have already .no need to kick community facilities into touch .It's typical of the big time Charly,s , take take take .

We at Owlerton may have got a adjacent training pitch with just a hut to change in and a punctured tent  ,but the kids play on it and it's Northern working class environment . You can stuff your prawn sandwich carry on up your jacksies.  The real family club is in the North of Sheffield .

How times have changed. When I was a lad your lot used to refer to us Blades as " The Poor Relations " and go on and on about what a wonderful stadium/cathedral Hillsborough was compared to the three sided Lane.

Now here we are, Hillsborough needs millions spent on it to bring it up to Premier League  standard ( no rush 😉 )  the Lane meets those standards and has a genuine Desso pitch as opposed to what looks very much like a knock off version at S6.

The difference being that us Blades recognise that none of that crap actually means anything, we are currently a poor side and so are your lot in a lower division.

Maybe one day the Home of Football will have two clubs to be proud of, but I doubt I'll live to see that day.

C'est la Vie 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sheridan1-0 said:

I heard one of the kids teams managers on Radio Sheffield this morning…he was a mix of anger & upset at the situation….Surely United will have taken this situation into account when they’ve committed to take on the HSBC ground …

Makes the chip butty song look a little hypocritical . It should be caviar and a pint of champagne at the Dore Moor Inn . 

2 minutes ago, m williamson said:

How times have changed. When I was a lad your lot used to refer to us Blades as " The Poor Relations " and go on and on about what a wonderful stadium/cathedral Hillsborough was compared to the three sided Lane.

Now here we are, Hillsborough needs millions spent on it to bring it up to Premier League  standard ( no rush 😉 )  the Lane meets those standards and has a genuine Desso pitch as opposed to what looks very much like a knock off version at S6.

The difference being that us Blades recognise that none of that crap actually means anything, we are currently a poor side and so are your lot in a lower division.

Maybe one day the Home of Football will have two clubs to be proud of, but I doubt I'll live to see that day.

C'est la Vie 

I know what's behind that cladding on Bramall Lane I worked on it .   Mutton dressed up as lamb .

2 hours ago, m williamson said:

What do you think?

Parachute payments, a scheme that rewards failure by having to bail out clubs who have tried to match Premier League wages etc, all good though if you're a recipient of the money, except if your little old SUFC who have a huge loan with a suspect Ozzie lender which runs to 2027 and completely eats them up, do your research before you post eh?😁

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Top4719 said:

Parachute payments, a scheme that rewards failure by having to bail out clubs who have tried to match Premier League wages etc, all good though if you're a recipient of the money, except if your little old SUFC who have a huge loan with a suspect Ozzie lender which runs to 2027 and completely eats them up, do your research before you post eh?😁

Posting the usual crap on here now eh Doc !!!!!