Gesture Eggs Instead Of Easter Eggs.

First we  heard Happy Holidays instead of Happy Christmas and now a shop is advertising Gesture Eggs instead of Easter Eggs. 

Whatever next?

Gesture eggs: Cadbury outlet store criticised over Easter rebrand

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-lincolnshire-68673505

Just another small step to eradicating anything Christian 

6 minutes ago, Axe said:

First we  heard Happy Holidays instead of Happy Christmas and now a shop is advertising Gesture Eggs instead of Easter Eggs. 

Whatever next?

They never attack other religions.

Have you seen the video of the guy who was eating his lunch at work during Ramadan and he was shamed into putting his food away?

11 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

Have you seen the video of the guy who was eating his lunch at work during Ramadan and he was shamed into putting his food away?

I saw that. He should have been ashamed of himself caving in to those clowns like that. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

I don’t know about this but I would guess it was an office environment. Can’t see it going down well in the steelworks or on a building site  . If I’m wrong fair enough 

More fool him for doing it in public.

Anyway,  Gesture Eggs - they'll become a laughing stock if they carry on like this.

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

I don’t know about this but I would guess it was an office environment. Can’t see it going down well in the steelworks or on a building site  . If I’m wrong fair enough 

No the guy is wearing a high vis with lockers behind him so its a warehouse somewhere

But the guys accent is from Birmingham so kinda adds up that he would be called a 'Kafir' while quietly having his lunch at work

2 hours ago, Axe said:

Whatever next?

The full story is that it's not a rebrand.

The store in question is not owned or run by Cadburys, and Cadburys themselves have issued a statement to say that Easter eggs are still being called that.

Mondelez International, which owns Cadbury, said it had licensed the brand to Freshstores Limited, which runs the Cadbury discount store "completely independently".

In a statement, Mondelez International said: "This promotion is not Cadbury led and we had no involvement in any way. All Cadbury Easter shell eggs sold in the UK reference Easter very clearly on the packaging - sometimes multiple times.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Zach Clay said:

No the guy is wearing a high vis with lockers behind him so its a warehouse somewhere

But the guys accent is from Birmingham so kinda adds up that he would be called a 'Kafir' while quietly having his lunch at work

Not watched it but I hope his response is the same as mine would be  .

• Like 1

'Gesture eggs' seems to me to be another departure from reality, and is another foray into the wierd and wonderful shallow world of the internet. It's crazy, avoid at all costs.  

• Like 1

They wouldn't have put me off my grub, I would have shoveled it down whilst they were wittering on. :hihi:Funny Gif Awww GIF

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

They wouldn't have put me off my grub, I would have shoveled it down whilst they were wittering on. :hihi:Funny Gif Awww GIF

Me too  !

Oh I love that hamster  .......  they are so comical.     I had two in the 1960s called Bubble and Squeak.