Too Many Cars.

May there come a time when households are limited to one car,  every time I go out I'm amazed at the amount of cars on the roads,  it makes me wonder if more people aren't working,  or more have traveling jobs,

is shopping a must - more men got the shopping bug.

With living expenses so high these days, often both partners in a relationship may need to work, so need independent transport.
Same goes for their offspring if they still live at home.
Better public transport might help, along with the concept of 15/20 minute neighbourhoods.

Personally I have several cars (and  motorbikes), all stored off road on my own property, but I only drive one at a time. 

Same as Rockers then.

We have 2 in our household. Both are needed else we wouldn't have 2.

I use mine for work and my partner uses hers to go care for her grandma. 

Not everyone works 9-5 

42 minutes ago, cressida said:

Same as Rockers then.

Yep :thumbsup:

Other than that. There's no such thing as 'Too many cars ('n' bikes).

He who dies with the most toys wins :banana:

1 hour ago, peak4 said:

With living expenses so high these days, often both partners in a relationship may need to work, so need independent transport.
Same goes for their offspring if they still live at home.
Better public transport might help, along with the concept of 15/20 minute neighbourhoods.

Personally I have several cars (and  motorbikes), all stored off road on my own property, but I only drive one at a time. 

Very sensible of you  :thumbsup:

• Haha 1

Just married we had one, with two doors, then when kids arrived one with four doors, then two with four doors, then when we retired one two doors and now with grandkids one with four doors.

Such is the progression in life.

echo.

PS. There are too many cars but particularly large lorries on the roads of our small island.

Use the railways and canals more to transport bulky goods like they used to do in the past.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, echo beach said:

Just married we had one, with two doors, then when kids arrived one with four doors, then two with four doors, then when we retired one two doors and now with grandkids one with four doors.

echo.

PS. There are too many cars but particularly large lorries on the roads of our small island.

Use the railways and canals more to transport bulky goods like they used to do in the past.

My main means of transport is Shanks Pony.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Rockers rule said:

He who dies with the most toys wins :banana:

I'd disagree with that - if someone dies wanting more things, they will have died feeling unfulfilled. For example, an egotistical DJ who owns the personalised number plate DJ 2 will always think the owner of plate DJ 1 has won, regardless of how many more toys he may have.

18 minutes ago, Padders said:

My main means of transport is Shanks Pony.

That’s possible in Sheffield Padders and I admire you for that but where we live the nearest shop is several miles away and it’s not so much the distance that’s the problem but the danger of walking on lanes without pavements.

You’d be lucky to arrive in one piece! 
One day when neither of us can drive we may have to move into a place where more facilities are at hand because currently we can’t even reach the GP’s by bus but for now  I thick we’ll stick and not twist, as the saying goes.😃

echo

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, echo beach said:

echo.

My bold:  That would be a sensible move.  Progress isn't always an improvement.  

we should also cut down on our  "toys" as they are now referred to but not much chance when some blokes are now collecting space rockets.

1 hour ago, Organgrinder said:

My bold:  That would be a sensible move.  Progress isn't always an improvement.  

we should also cut down on our  "toys" as they are now referred to but not much chance when some blokes are now collecting space rockets.

How many blokes are collecting space rockets  ?