Nicholas Hawkes, 39, Becomes First In England To Be Jailed For Cyber Flashing

Cyber flashing became a criminal offence in England with the passage of the Online Safety Act on 31 January. It has been a crime in Scotland since 2010.

A man has been sentenced for cyber flashing in England for the first time.

Nicholas Hawkes, 39, from Basildon in Essex, was jailed for 66 weeks at Southend Crown Court today after he sent unsolicited photos of his erect penis to a 15-year-old girl and a woman on 9 February.

The older victim took screenshots of the offending image on WhatsApp and reported Hawkes to the police the same day.

Cyber flashing became a criminal offence in England with the passage of the Online Safety Act on 31 January. It has been a crime in Scotland since 2010.

The offence covers the sending of an unsolicited sexual image to people via social media, dating apps, text message or data-sharing services such as Bluetooth and AirDrop.

Victims of cyber flashing get lifelong anonymity from the time they report the offence, as it also falls under the Sexual Offences Act.

Your thoughts?

https://news.sky.com/story/nicholas-hawkes-39-becomes-first-in-england-to-be-jailed-for-cyber-flashing-13093052

He has previous convictions for sexual assault with an underage girl so obviously he is a complete wrong un. 

No doubt he will get a bit of attention in prison.

On a separate note regarding this new law....

If, hypothetically I had received a picture of a private area from an ex-girlfriend, or I had sent a picture of my erect todger to her.....and we broke up...... could either of us as we now really dislike each other, take it further?

16 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

He has previous convictions for sexual assault with an underage girl so obviously he is a complete wrong un. 

On a separate note regarding this new law....

If, hypothetically I had received a picture of a private area from an ex-girlfriend, or I had sent a picture of my erect todger to her.....and we broke up...... could either of us as we now really dislike each other, take it further?

I doubt it as people would know you had been in a relationship.

My thoughts are he should have been sent to jail for a longer period of time. 

• Like 2

Do you recall me posting that I had an email from someone called Graeme,  I didn't open it as I thought it could be spam so saved it to drafts,  I checked yesterday 

and realised it was a voicemail,  never had one of those before and still haven't opened it.

Saw the name, wasn't surprised.

Come technology, come another platform for pervs to climb on, not much we can do about it until they transgress. :huh:

15 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

A man has been sentenced for cyber flashing in England for the first time.

Nicholas Hawkes, 39, from Basildon in Essex, was jailed for 66 weeks at Southend Crown Court today after he sent unsolicited photos of his erect penis to a 15-year-old girl and a woman on 9 February.

The older victim took screenshots of the offending image on WhatsApp and reported Hawkes to the police the same day.

The offence covers the sending of an unsolicited sexual image to people via social media, dating apps, text message or data-sharing services such as Bluetooth and AirDrop.

Victims of cyber flashing get lifelong anonymity from the time they report the offence, as it also falls under the Sexual Offences Act.

Your thoughts?

https://news.sky.com/story/nicholas-hawkes-39-becomes-first-in-england-to-be-jailed-for-cyber-flashing-13093052

Your thoughts?

Police would have a field day on Omegle...

18 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Not much chance of that. He'll be in a segregated wing with his fellow nonces

25 minutes ago, Resident said:

Police would have a field day on Omegle...

Omegle was shut down by the founder in 2023

5 minutes ago, Zinger549 said:

Omegle was shut down by the founder in 2023

tbf it's been about 20 years since I last ventured on there.