Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

Message added by SheffieldForum

1 minute ago, Chekhov said:

Effectively censored in our own private world. I am shocked, literally, at how many people on here appear to think that is a good thing.

I have repeatedly asked if the authoritarians on here really would like to be able to censor people's very thoughts, I doubt they'd deny it. I admit I have not read all the replies, have any of them denied it ?

Censoring people's thoughts not very democratic,  the 'road to hell.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Al Bundy said:

Rather attractive lady.

She had a problem with hair loss once but apparently fixed it by eating steak https://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-3241163/amp/I-stopped-hair-falling-eating-steak-putting-hot-water-bottles-head-says-Nadine-Dorries-reveals-trauma-alopecia-reduced-tears.html

20 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Effectively censored in our own private world. I am shocked, literally, at how many people on here appear to think that is a good thing.

I have repeatedly asked if the authoritarians on here really would like to be able to censor people's very thoughts, I doubt they'd deny it. I admit I have not read all the replies, have any of them denied it ?

Putting aside the private/not private argument, nobody is censoring thoughts.

When you start vocalising those thoughts to other people it can become offensive - and this was overtly offensive.

Racism and misogyny just aren’t acceptable. Vocalising that in a group of people isn’t acceptable. We know at least one person found it offensive.

I am similarly stunned that you can't see the offence in the statements and that you find them to be perfectly acceptable, to be honest. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, redruby said:

" eating a diet so heavy in red meat that it would make a Cowboy proud"  😀

Thought Chekhov was talking about it to happen in the future.

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

" eating a diet so heavy in red meat that it would make a Cowboy proud"  😀

🤣 It is interesting though.  These Vegans might be setting themselves up for hair loss.

35 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

Don't worry. Thoughts can't be censored. Unless we have the technology to read people's minds. 

One less thing for you to get literally shocked over..

4 minutes ago, redruby said:

🤣 It is interesting though.  These Vegans might be setting themselves up for hair loss.

Imagine having an evenings entertainment at hers and you wake up to her cooking  you a big lump of steak for breakfast .  😀

46 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

You’ll have to guess what I think about that.

40 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

How can you censor people's thoughts?

And even if someone had the ability to do that; I very much doubt that you'd be in the running order to have their thoughts censored. You're just not very important.

As for what actually happened. Hester made his comments after some of his employees put in complaints about racism; and like a David Brent, he used the opportunity at a work meeting about racism, to make racist remarks. Hardly a private world

21 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Imagine having an evenings entertainment at hers and you wake up to her cooking  you a big lump of steak for breakfast .  😀

She's a rubbish cook.

I asked for mine to be done medium but she only went and cooked it well done 🤮

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

She's a rubbish cook.

I asked for mine to be done medium but she only went and cooked it well done 🤮

Medium ,  you sissy .