Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

Message added by SheffieldForum

13 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

In what context are those statements acceptable?

(By the way, it’s been reported the context of the meeting called was to discuss his alleged racism…)

In which case the ' alleged 'question was definitely cleared up, so at least something was accomplished.

31 minutes ago, Axe said:

Axe did not actually defend Frank Hester's comments.  Axe defended Frank Hester for offering an apology for being rude about Diane Abbott.  Axe still believes the person who gave the story to the Guardian and the Guardian newspaper are the real villains  of the peace.  The truth is  those complaining the most about Frank Hester are only really interested in political point scoring against the Tory party.  

Why are you talking as a third party, ie,  Axe is doing this or Axe is doing that!  Or  has West77 has made an incognito return, anyhow  your being ridiculous or wierd as usual.  Politicians have been killed or injured in the past and these words insight/encourage idiots out there. Hester is in a position of responsibility and should watch his gob. :roll:

• Like 1

Just now, PRESLEY said:

Why are you talking as a third party, ie,  Axe is doing this or Axe is doing that!   :roll:

I think he’s having a malfunction. It happens to bots all the time.

It can’t be easy, thinking of creative ways to defend the slime balls that are the current Tory government and their backers.

#prayforaxe 

There's a simple test to see if the ******* OP is correct in his/her assertion that people are just 'woke' and it was not discriminatory, racist or threatening.

"It's like trying not to be racist but you see Rachel Riley on the TV, and you're just like… you just want to hate all Jewish women because she's there.

"And I don't hate all Jewish women at all, but I think she should be shot"

Do you think if someone made the comment above, government ministers and MP's would be running around trying to defend them? Not a chance in hell.

The person would be hung, drawn and quartered by end of the 1st day!

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

I think he’s having a malfunction. It happens to bots all the time.

It can’t be easy, thinking of creative ways to defend the slime balls that are the current Tory government and their backers.

#prayforaxe 

Oh Dear!   So does that mean when he is not in agreement with anyone,  will we will be hearing words like Exterminate, Exterminate.  If so he should change one of his user mames to Dal- Axe  :hihi:

29 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Well we know he's said this in his defence:

“accepts that he was rude about Diane Abbott in a private meeting several years ago but his criticism had nothing to do with her gender nor colour of skin”

What a dolt - what he said has everything to do with  her gender and colour of skin.

And wasn't just rude

8 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

Why are you talking as a third party, ie,  Axe is doing this or Axe is doing that!  Or  has West77 has made an incognito return, anyhow  your being ridiculous or wierd as usual.  Politicians have been killed or injured in the past and these words insight/encourage idiots out there. Hester is in a position of responsibility and should watch his gob. :roll:

The contributor asked @Axe for a comment   Why would West77 comment on behalf of @Axe ?

If Frank Heston had made the alleged comments on social media such as Twitter then he would have been foolish because some nutter might have misinterpreted them.  Frank Heston made those alleged comments in a private meeting and never intended them to be made public.  The Guardian Newspaper is in a position of responsibility and should watch what they report.  The Guardian Newspaper will be to blame if a MP is shot because some nutter misinterpreted the alleged comments made by Frank Heston. 

26 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I thought I'd made my position perfectly clear.

What he said was said in private, not, for instance, in a major political speech or in a TV interview, so I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. It's "**** taking" basically, putting over a point and having a laugh at the same time, and the day that is banned is the day I want to pass on from this crazy sterile over sensitive world.

It wasn't in private, it was a business meeting, his staff are the public

Just now, Axe said:

The contributor asked @Axe for a comment   Why would West77 comment on behalf of @Axe ?

If Frank Heston had made the alleged comments on social media such as Twitter then he would have been foolish because some nutter might have misinterpreted them.  Frank Heston made those alleged comments in a private meeting and never intended them to be made public.  The Guardian Newspaper is in a position of responsibility and should watch what they report.  The Guardian Newspaper will be to blame if a MP is shot because some nutter misinterpreted the alleged comments made by Frank Heston. 

For once just admit he was wrong and end this Serial Bias Defending of  wrong doers. :roll:

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

Is there any other context saying because of her you hate all black women, and that you'd shoot her?

I am sure that you could go on Youtube and see numerous articles about humour and shooting people, loads of shootings in westerns on TV, I understand
Frank Hester said this at a private meeting, in what context did he say it?

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I thought I'd made my position perfectly clear.

What he said was said in private, not, for instance, in a major political speech or in a TV interview, so I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. It's "**** taking" basically, putting over a point and having a laugh at the same time, and the day that is banned is the day I want to pass on from this crazy sterile over sensitive world.

It was a business meeting, not 'in private'. There were other people there, at least one of which was shocked enough to report it.

But, in any circumstance, what he said was wrong and abhorrent.

Remember the full thing (which he hasn't denied and has apologised for):

Hester spoke about an executive from another organisation, saying: “She’s ****. She’s the ****test person. Honestly I try not to be sexist but when I meet somebody like [the executive], I just …

“It’s like trying not to be racist but you see Diane Abbott on the TV and you’re just like, I hate, you just want to hate all black women because she’s there, and I don’t hate all black women at all, but I think she should be shot.

“[The executive] and Diane Abbott need to be shot. She’s stupid … If we can get [the executive] being unprofessional we can get her sacked. It’s not as good as her dying. It would be much better if she died. She’s consuming resource. She’s eating food that other people could eat. You know?”

That last line too... he was in a professional business meeting saying this. Would you say his words were acceptable and professional? And by his own standard, should he not be sacked from his role for being 'unprofessional'?

36 minutes ago, melthebell said:

It wasn't in private, it was a business meeting, his staff are the public

How are you defining "private". As far as I am concerned it was private enough, it certainly wasn't an interview or a speech. 

The bottom line is I am sick to death of being told what to do, and even told what to think, by these Orwellian virtue signalling authoritarians.