Frank Hester's Racist Comments About Diane Abbott

Message added by SheffieldForum

The thread has been derailed several times.

Please discuss the topic and stop with the personal comments and digs.

Thank you.

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

Of course he was wrong to say what he said which is why he has offered an apology.  However, we do not know the full conversation which led to the alleged comments being made meaning it is likely those alleged comments have been taken out of context.  

In what context are those statements acceptable?

(By the way, it’s been reported the context of the meeting called was to discuss his alleged racism…)

Just now, Axe said:

Stop Drama Queening. " If I had a gun I would shoot you"  is a common phrase  which does not mean there is any threat to shoot somebody. 

Really? Don't think it's a phrase I've ever uttered tbh

Just now, melthebell said:

Is there any other context saying because of her you hate all black women, and that you'd shoot her?

How do you know it was not said in a role playing scenario to promote anti racism?

• Haha 1

Just now, melthebell said:

Stop digging

I have given an example of how the alleged comments could have been taken out of context.  

Why do you want to think the worse of someone you do not know?

3 minutes ago, Axe said:

I have given an example of how the alleged comments could have been taken out of context.  

Why do you want to think the worse of someone you do not know?

Well we know he's said this in his defence:

“accepts that he was rude about Diane Abbott in a private meeting several years ago but his criticism had nothing to do with her gender nor colour of skin”

What a dolt - what he said has everything to do with  her gender and colour of skin.

Edited by Mister M

16 hours ago, SheffieldForum said:

Do you think he was right to say what he said, and do you think saying that type of thing is acceptable?

I thought I'd made my position perfectly clear.

What he said was said in private, not, for instance, in a major political speech or in a TV interview, so I see nothing wrong with it whatsoever. It's "**** taking" basically, putting over a point and having a laugh at the same time, and the day that is banned is the day I want to pass on from this crazy sterile over sensitive world.

13 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

In what context are those statements acceptable?

(By the way, it’s been reported the context of the meeting called was to discuss his alleged racism…)

In which case the ' alleged 'question was definitely cleared up, so at least something was accomplished.

31 minutes ago, Axe said:

Axe did not actually defend Frank Hester's comments.  Axe defended Frank Hester for offering an apology for being rude about Diane Abbott.  Axe still believes the person who gave the story to the Guardian and the Guardian newspaper are the real villains  of the peace.  The truth is  those complaining the most about Frank Hester are only really interested in political point scoring against the Tory party.  

Why are you talking as a third party, ie,  Axe is doing this or Axe is doing that!  Or  has West77 has made an incognito return, anyhow  your being ridiculous or wierd as usual.  Politicians have been killed or injured in the past and these words insight/encourage idiots out there. Hester is in a position of responsibility and should watch his gob. :roll:

• Like 1