The Old Queen's Head Pub

At one point long ago I think it was a butchers - I wonder if it was repurposed if the Simmonite Brothers (who left Division Street some time back) may be tempted back.  Just think of it - a decent butchers right in the centre of the Sheffield bus hub!  Perfect for grabbing something to stir-fry or cook on your way home after a few beers elsewhere!

14 hours ago, birobasher said:

It's got into a bit of a doom spiral - they'd been struggling to get people in for a while. When the current management took over they started calling last orders around 1015, ostensibly to help staff get home without recourse to taxis. Later on, as people still didn't turn up, they started shutting earlier and earlier to mitigate their staff/fuel costs. At a certain point in the winter they wouldn't even turn the heating on. That's when me and my friends went elsewhere.  

I'll go back and give it a try when someone else has taken it over.  The problem with the current people running it is they didn't really do anything to improve the place. Even cosmetic stuff like repairing the fittings in the toilets would help.  The QH is a bit isolated in a way - surrounded by modern office blocks. However, it's only five to ten minutes walk from the Sheffield Tap at the station, The Howard and Rutland Arms. It's perfectly possible to market it as part of a crawl round that end of town.  

Is the Penny Black still there - more or less opposite?