Radisson Hotel Comes To Sheffield

58 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

You can have our spare bedroom for the weekend , breakfast inc. 

But watch the cat.

2 minutes ago, Padders said:

But watch the cat.

😀

I wonder where they will get all of their deliveries with Pinstone Street shut. Is there still access from behind John Lewis?

I believe so yes when they finish the Gaumant (sp) that road should be a through again. You can still go up Pinstone st and left up to JL.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

I wonder where they will get all of their deliveries with Pinstone Street shut. Is there still access from behind John Lewis?

The main access for Radisson will be on Burgess Street, yes.

• Like 1

I’m looking forward to trying the place out.  I’ve been watching them renovate the building from the outside over the past few years. 

• Like 2

Just now, bungleboy69 said:

Still not available for bookings...

Opening put back to June now . 

9 hours ago, hackey lad said:

Opening put back to June now . 

They said bookings would open ‘next week’ a few weeks ago but that hasn’t happened.

Seems less likely they’ll open on 10th June as announced if they haven’t opened bookings to fill it with just a few weeks to go perhaps?

Actually, yes - delayed. As per The Star:

The new Radisson Blu hotel on Pinstone Street, opposite the Peace Gardens, was scheduled to welcome its first guests on June 10.

“Booking was due to open during the week commencing March 25, yet nearly a month later it is still not yet possible to book a room at the upmarket 154-bedroom hotel.

“Now Sheffield City Council has confirmed that the opening has been pushed back slightly.

“Sean McClean, the council’s director of regeneration and development, said: “The addition of the new Radisson Blu Hotel to our Heart of the City II development will add another international name to Sheffield city centre.

“We have taken the decision to reschedule the opening of the hotel until later in June to ensure we can deliver the best quality venue in collaboration with our partners Radisson Hotel Group and Queensberry. We will issue a further update soon and expect booking to open in the coming weeks.””