Radisson Hotel Comes To Sheffield

Radisson Hotels are to open a hotel in Sheffield, on Pinstone Street. Plans are underway for converting the block across from Peace Gardens in to the luxury hotel. 

The Hotel will feature 154 bedrooms, a food and drink outlet and a luxury courtyard. A third floor terrace bar and restaurant will also be on site, overlooking Peace Gardens. 

The project is expected to be completed and the hotel opened by summer 2024.

https://www.architecture.com/whats-on/sheffield-society-of-architects-building-visit-radisson-blu-sheffield

• Like 3

Something something we don't need another hotel something something moan moan moan something. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

IMG_3665.thumb.jpeg.651d84c85fdae65e6a520fb28a5731bf.jpeg

It looks splendid. Very regal. I am looking forward to drinks in the terrace bar.

59 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It looks splendid. Very regal. I am looking forward to drinks in the terrace bar.

I'll treat you to a glass of Liebfraumilch when it opens Irene..🍷

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

I'll treat you to a glass of Liebfraumilch when it opens Irene..🍷

I'll hold you to that!

• Like 1

Well a supposed 4* hotel will be a feather in the Sheffield cap. 

Now that's impressive! Should have good views of the Sheffield cycling Grand Prix if its open for the 17th July.

Edited by Findlay
  • Like 2

13 minutes ago, Findlay said:

Now that's impressive! Should have good views of the Sheffield cycling Grand Prix if its open for the 17th July.

Thats a good point — wonder what the view will be like from the terrace bar (and whether you’d actually be able to see down to, Say, Pinstone Street — other rooftop bars have had big safety walls and stuff blocking views).

4 minutes ago, SheffieldForum said:

Thats a good point — wonder what the view will be like from the terrace bar (and whether you’d actually be able to see down to, Say, Pinstone Street — other rooftop bars have had big safety walls and stuff blocking views).

Hanging Gardens of Babylon?  Herds of wilderbeasts sweeping majestically across the plains? 

I'll stick my neck out & say the Town Hall. 

• Haha 3

I can’t see it revitalising the city centre, or who it’s potential clients will be, but having said that I wish it well. 🤙

1 hour ago, crookesey said:

I can’t see it revitalising the city centre, or who it’s potential clients will be, but having said that I wish it well. 🤙

Despite the internal negativity and constant council-bashing, externally Sheffield is getting a good reputation as one of Europe’s best city breaks.

We desperately need a high-end hotel.

• Like 2