Radisson Hotel Comes To Sheffield

This is incredibly old news. Radisson have been confirmed tenants for this spot for about 4-5 years.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, AndrewC said:

This is incredibly old news. Radisson have been confirmed tenants for this spot for about 4-5 years.

Still, some people might not have been aware so no problem with posting the info!

• Like 1

*4 years. March 2020, YorkshireLive:

Sheffield Radisson Blu hotel plans take shape as more details emerge - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

The buildings on Pinstone Street are looking fantastic. Despite what people like to bleat about on here, we do need more and better hotels in our city centre, and this is a great addition. It will also come with a couple of new restaurant units facing Pinstone Street to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SheffieldForum said:

Still, some people might not have been aware so no problem with posting the info!

Fair enough but just seems odd to me for the OP to present it as if it's just been announced.

It shouldn't be too long until it opens, but there's no confirmed opening date as far as I'm aware and it's something that has been mentioned and discussed on loads of other SF threads. Seems a bit 'inbetween news' for a thread?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AndrewC said:

Fair enough but just seems odd to me for the OP to present it as if it's just been announced.

It shouldn't be too long until it opens, but there's no confirmed opening date as far as I'm aware and it's something that has been mentioned and discussed on loads of other SF threads. Seems a bit 'inbetween news' for a thread?

It was originally scheduled to open in  2023, but like all things it got delayed. Last update from memory was 'early 2024'.

It may be in between specific news, but it warrants a thread, I think. I might eventually merge it with an older one. But I've no problems with people starting threads - in fact it is encouraged!  I wouldn't want anyone to feel put off of starting threads just in case it might have been discussed in the past - that would just stifle everything. At the end of the day not everyone sees every thread or knows all the news that has happened. If it needs moving or merging, I'll sort it. 👍

I wonder if it'll be generating it's own green energy like it's counterpart in Frankfurt?

Opening summer 2024?
That's an incredibly optimistic timeline, not enough time to complete all the building work surely?

Posted (edited)
On 28/02/2024 at 07:48, crookesey said:

I can’t see it revitalising the city centre, or who it’s potential clients will be, but having said that I wish it well. 🤙

I think it looks tremendous.  I'm gonna book a night in a room overlooking Peace Gardens and have a weekend pretending to be a tourist in Sheffield. 

Edited by bungleboy69

2 hours ago, bungleboy69 said:

I think it looks tremendous.  I'm gonna book a night in a room overlooking Peace Gardens and have a weekend pretending to be a tourist in Sheffield. 

We've done that a couple of times when we've been to the Crucible at the weekend & stayed at The Mercure.  It's a very weird feeling to leave home on a Friday afternoon & not come back until Sunday morning & feel like a tourist in your own city. 

At least we didn't have to ask where we were going. 

• Like 2

On 28/02/2024 at 11:13, AndrewC said:

*4 years. March 2020, YorkshireLive:

Sheffield Radisson Blu hotel plans take shape as more details emerge - YorkshireLive (examinerlive.co.uk)

The buildings on Pinstone Street are looking fantastic. Despite what people like to bleat about on here, we do need more and better hotels in our city centre, and this is a great addition. It will also come with a couple of new restaurant units facing Pinstone Street to.

At least now we know the real reason Pinstone Street was kept closed, Radisson greased the right plams....

• Like 1