Sheffield City Centre's Bus Gate? (Arundel Gate)

3 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I shall continue to criticise the City Council/SYMCA if I  personally think they have lost the plot, but as you say, this poster has brought many disparate thinkers together - just wish we didn't have to wade through treacle to try and understand what they are on about, though.

I think I've got the measure of them now.

They come on, post some inane generalisations with no reasoning, try to provoke reactions, then get upset when people disagree with them, call them shills, then complain about the forum generally before disappearing for a few hours/a day and doing the exact same again.

Frankly, it is a little tiresome.

• Like 1

Just now, SheffieldForum said:

I think I've got the measure of them now.

They come on, post some inane generalisations, try to provoke reactions, then get upset when people disagree with them and call them shills, then complain about the forum generally before disappearing for a few hours/a day and doing the exact same again.

Frankly, it is a little tiresome.

I agree totally - and from reading this individuals original rant(s) when they 'rejoined' I wonder if they got banned previously for similar behaviour - the previous team were nowhere near as tolerant as you.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

I agree totally - and from reading this individuals original rant(s) when they 'rejoined' I wonder if they got banned previously for similar behaviour - the previous team were nowhere near as tolerant as you.

The syntax seems similar to a poster that was on here a few months ago. Always used to post a few pithy words of retort without ever addressing the posts 

. Can't remember his username now. 

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

The syntax seems similar to a poster that was on here a few months ago. Always used to post a few pithy words of retort without ever addressing the posts 

. Can't remember his username now. 

This individual  'rejoined' in February after being away for a while - his words, not mine - and although I asked what their previous ID was, I just got a mouthy answer.

1 hour ago, RollingJ said:

This individual  'rejoined' in February after being away for a while - his words, not mine - and although I asked what their previous ID was, I just got a mouthy answer.

Its bugging me now what his old name was. Suspect you know who I am referring to though.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Its bugging me now what his old name was. Suspect you know who I am referring to though.

I don't recall the recent one you can't either, but as I said, GCW admitted in his original set of rants to being a 'retread'.

6 hours ago, Planner1 said:

Why do you feel the need to insult people who do their best for this city?

That's a stretch of the imagination... surely? The closure of Leopold Street has had a detrimental impact on visitors' experiences to the city centre. They drove McDonald's out of The Moor by refusing to let them adapt it for future use, citing that it was listed and then went and knocked it down anyway. The cycle lanes are taking over the pavements. The pavements and roads are full of pot holes. Bins are overflowing. Hmmm really doing their best.

44 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

That's a stretch of the imagination... surely? The closure of Leopold Street has had a detrimental impact on visitors' experiences to the city centre. They drove McDonald's out of The Moor by refusing to let them adapt it for future use, citing that it was listed and then went and knocked it down anyway. The cycle lanes are taking over the pavements. The pavements and roads are full of pot holes. Bins are overflowing. Hmmm really doing their best.

this

• Like 1

Why have they made this area buses only ? 

7 hours ago, Planner1 said:

On bus lanes that operate only part of the time, you often see that drivers won’t go in them at times they can and actually get ****ty with drivers so quite correctly do use them.

I get this all the time on Queens Rd and Granville Rd. I've even had a police officer pull me on Granville then whilst approaching my car realise his mistake and sheepishly apologise for the inconvience. 

Granville is also one where you take the BL and then the person behind you tries racing you to the lights to get in front. 

1 hour ago, Irene Swaine said:

I don’t believe that McDonalds on The Moor was ever listed…

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

I don’t believe that McDonalds on The Moor was ever listed…

Me neither. Nor do I believe the guff from Irene that it's the Council who "drove out McDonalds" by refusing permission for their alterations. The planning docs say the proposals were withdrawn by the applicant not refused by the council.  

The McDonald's kept going for a very long while after all that and was even occupied by Stone The Crows for a period long after McD's vacated.

If the council were supposedly that desperate to take possession and knock it down, they took a long time to do it.