Sheffield City Centre's Bus Gate? (Arundel Gate)

3 hours ago, Resident said:

As someone who drives through Sheffield on a regular basis, if you miss the MULTIPLE LARGE signs placed from Furnival Gate roundabout about all the way upto the bus gate then it's time to hand in your licence. 

The image you've linked is from November 2022. The bus gate was introduced in March 2023

Haha!

Just take your medicine @26b-6 and treat it as an expensive life lesson. 

• Like 1

On 21/02/2024 at 18:29, Resident said:

There's a bus gate in Rotherham that uses this method. Standard No Entry signs with an explicit exception plate (Except Buses).

Taxis and takeaway drivers ignore it constantly (Yes, taxis can go through bus gates however, confirmed by the council, this is not a 'bus gate'. It's a no entry. However said council then passed the buck onto Police for enforcement who play deaf, blind and mute...

See above

Wood lane by any chance in Brinsworth?

if so they didnt play deaf and blind when the floods happened last year, only time they hav ever decided to have cars there all the time stopping traffic using the one road that was passable

15 hours ago, Irene Swaine said:

A motorist who doesn't/can't/won't read road signs is very concerning.

amen to that

i have been driving since before the war, i am 62 years old and i think people need to take responsibility

9 minutes ago, rogets said:

amen to that

i have been driving since before the war, i am 62 years old and i think people need to take responsibility

Which war?

2 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Which war?

WW2

Just now, rogets said:

WW2

The maths don't compute - but that's not unusual, with you.

12 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

The maths don't compute - but that's not unusual, with you.

Must have been born driving a Ford Popular and moved on to an Anglia when he was 6.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, sheffbag said:

Wood lane by any chance in Brinsworth?

if so they didnt play deaf and blind when the floods happened last year, only time they hav ever decided to have cars there all the time stopping traffic using the one road that was passable

Corporation St/Bridge Street into Rotherham Bus Station. 

But Wood Lane is another commonly ignored one though as there's no route through there anymore it's a little pointless. 

There used to be an automatic bollard enforcing it. 

just read the millions of road signs while navigating the road markings don't forget the odd pedestrian not using the correct crossing procedure

if you ask me they arrrange all of this to confuse then fine 

Most people seem to cope - if you can't, maybe you shouldn't be driving?

11 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

if you ask me they arrrange all of this to confuse then fine 

Utter rubbish.

All of the signing and road markings associated with an enforceable bus gate has to comply with government requirements. 

If it didn’t, the independent adjudicators, who rule on appeals against fines, would uphold all appeals and require the council to install a legally compliant setup.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

Utter rubbish.

All of the signing and road markings associated with an enforceable bus gate has to comply with government requirements. 

If it didn’t, the independent adjudicators, who rule on appeals against fines, would uphold all appeals and require the council to install a legally compliant setup.

all just becoming abit complicated wouldn't you agree