Sheffield City Centre's Bus Gate? (Arundel Gate)

41 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

An idiot in the Minerva put gravy on my chips and not the pie and proceeded to put watered down 'Worcestershire sauce' on the pie and following day put gravy on my curry and chips -kept  going though-loved, Never got used to gravy an

It wasn’t me, honest. Must’ve been some other idiot.

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Furnival Gate is a road and Furnival Square is the roundabout.

If the Furnival Square roundabout is removed will the 51 bus route(W to E) be re-routed as it has been using the roundabout to do a U turn. for decades.? The current planner shows the bus not stopping at Furnival Gate MH3 which it most certainly does but is stopping at two stops called MH4 which are not accessible from Rockingham Street unless the Furnival Square roundabout is used. 

With stops on West Street. Rockingham Street and Moorfoot this could ne a real pain for access to the High Street and Stations.

1 hour ago, SheffieldForum said:

I believe the roundabout is remaining now. Plans were refined due to increasing costs.

See the thread here:

14 minutes ago, Resident said:

TBH there's no real need for the 51 to turn left from Rockingham and go all the way down to FG. 

The 51 could turn right and stop at MH5 which is just a short distance (~75metres) from MH4 and Rockingham Gate which provides access to the Moor.

It's only the blind will of SYMCA that dictates that the 51 must used MH4

MH4 has been a 51 stop for decades,

MH5 is of no use as it even further away from the Moor than MF6.

I am lucy that there are alternative bus routes for me that give access to the stations and High Street

2 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I am lucy that there are alternative bus routes for me that give access to the stations and High Street

MH5 is closer to the moor via Rockingham Gate which is close to the top of the Moor, Hence the stop being called Moor Head 5. 

6 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Hello Lucy  😃

• Haha 2

Moor Foot is at the BOTTOM of the Moor. 

Just now, Resident said:

Moor Foot is at the BOT TOM of the Moor. 

That is right, hence the name  MF6 Moorfoot/Cumberland Street, handy for the Moor and Market but, as I seem to need to repeat, neither of which are any use for the stations or Pinstone Street, Fargate,  High Steet etc which MH2 on the Moor is better placed.

PS from MH4/5 to the Moor -there is a dry cut through The Light.

32 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Hello Lucy  😃

This is what I wrote earlier today on another thread about :editing.

"Currently I am using a 'reading software' to assist with temporary poor vision and a form of dyslexia.

It takes time to compose a contribution and I can loose my focus and/or press the wrong key, I have always tried to be correct in my language and grammar and the loss of the 'edit' function is causing embarrassment. 

Writing in another format and then copying an pasting a corrected version on here should not be necessary."

I had a little laugh myself when I read it

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hackey lad said:

Hello Lucy  😃

You've done it again.. Grrr..

11 minutes ago, Padders said:

You've done it again.. Grrr..

😂😂😂

34 minutes ago, Annie Bynnol said:

This is what I wrote earlier today on another thread about :editing.

"Currently I am using a 'reading software' to assist with temporary poor vision and a form of dyslexia.

It takes time to compose a contribution and I can loose my focus and/or press the wrong key, I have always tried to be correct in my language and grammar and the loss of the 'edit' function is causing embarrassment. 

Writing in another format and then copying an pasting a corrected version on here should not be necessary."

I had a little laugh myself when I read it

:thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Annie Bynnol said:

That is right, hence the name  MF6 Moorfoot/Cumberland Street, handy for the Moor and Market but, as I seem to need to repeat, neither of which are any use for the stations or Pinstone Street, Fargate,  High Steet etc which MH2 on the Moor is better placed.

PS from MH4/5 to the Moor -there is a dry cut through The Light.

If the 51 was to do as I suggested it would still serve MoorFoot.

MH5 is literally a 1 min walk from MH4.