Found A Petition To Change This Situation

17 hours ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

Ive yet to hear one solid reason why this isn’t the best practice in the future of this country’s government issues going forward 

it practically states it in the word “politics”

If you’d like a single, simple reason why referenda in general are bad ideas, may I point you towards the Brexit referendum and the massive damaged that has caused.

Simply pandering to majority opinion on every subject will result in chaotic, incoherent governance. We’ve all had quite enough of that.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Resident said:

1. Use Google as suggested. Many links to videos and studies by Universities come up and explain in detail. 

2. You seem to think that computers are infallible. I suggest you go and check recent news articles regarding the Post Office and the Horizon aoftware

3. With reference to point 1 & 2

4. Typically they're 5 years apart unless the then party decides to call one earlier, usually due to changes within the controlling party leadership. 

In the last 14 years there have been 4 general elections. 

There are no moral or ethical issues with the current timescales between elections. 

Your just writing any excuse you can think of without any substantial evidence that a new system could be developed and implemented 

your a laughing stock to the forum 

9 hours ago, Resident said:

1. Use Google as suggested. Many links to videos and studies by Universities come up and explain in detail. 

2. You seem to think that computers are infallible. I suggest you go and check recent news articles regarding the Post Office and the Horizon aoftware

3. With reference to point 1 & 2

4. Typically they're 5 years apart unless the then party decides to call one earlier, usually due to changes within the controlling party leadership. 

In the last 14 years there have been 4 general elections. 

There are no moral or ethical issues with the current timescales between elections. 

Your just writing any excuse you can think of without any substantial evidence that a new system could be developed and implemented 

your a laughing stock to the forum 

re-read my answers to the original questions 

The monetary electronic system is bullit proof 

Using paper votes is barbaric the people counting them could be act not in best interest of the country wouldn’t you agree? 

14 hours ago, RollingJ said:

What was your previous forum ID?

I reckon it's another Irene incarnation.  He never learns to keep it subtle.  Only a 6/10 for this one, I'm afraid.

39 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

You’ve wrote nothing of any substance please leave this thread 

Neither have you - so the same applies, although as this is a public foru, your request is denied.

34 minutes ago, Grumpycatweasel said:

26 votes?

more citizens have voted for this petition than have been involved in this thread thus your argument is invalid 

how does it feel to be wrong? 

As it is a national petition, and there are many more people in this country than the few on this forum, 26 out of what - 60+ million? isn't many.