Looks like DVSA have been busy this morning. 

At least 9 clamped vehicles on City Road/Granville Road on my way into the city this morning. All for no tax. 

Guessing if they're not taxed they won't be insured either.

• Like 4

Good there’s too many on the roads with no tax insurance etc.

• Like 2

Good. 
Bet a certain place gets mentioned. 

• Like 1

Just wondering how you know they weren't taxed? You don't have to display a tax disc any more - was there a notice on them?  What do the DVSA do for SORN cars on the road?

Often slap a big sticker on it don't they?  "Clamped for no Tax" or something similar.  

They like to pop round Meadowhall and do a bunch there on occasion.

• Like 2

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Andy_terrier said:

Just wondering how you know they weren't taxed? You don't have to display a tax disc any more - was there a notice on them?  What do the DVSA do for SORN cars on the road?

Anyone can put a REG number into the DVLA site and see if a car has TAX and MOT. DVSA will know. If it has a SORN applied, it shouldn't be on a main/public road. It has to be on private land (Your driveway etc)

Edited by zach
  • Like 4

DVLA site will say if it's SORN or Not Taxed (and when the tax ran out) I seem to remember, .

3 hours ago, Andy_terrier said:

Just wondering how you know they weren't taxed?

Why else do you think they were clamped? 🙄

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Well it would be hard to imagine them all not being insured, but what do I know?

31 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

So all cars clamped are untaxed? Hardly a definitive indicator. Point I was making was do they put a notice on the windscreen etc?  I know what SORN is too and thats my point of that IF the people have SORN'd their car but left it on the road and NOT on private land then does the same apply?

2 minutes ago, Andy_terrier said:

So all cars clamped are untaxed? Hardly a definitive indicator. Point I was making was do they put a notice on the windscreen etc?  I know what SORN is too and thats my point of that IF the people have SORN'd their car but left it on the road and NOT on private land then does the same apply?

The big yellow windscreen sticker stating it's not taxed & the big yellow clamp with DVSA written on it on the wheel. 

If you SORN a car and leave it on the road you're getting clamped for no tax. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Andy_terrier said:

Yes, because a SORN'd vehicle is by definition untaxed, and should not be on the public highway.

• Like 2