Meta Quest 3 Vs Psvr 2?

Does anyone own VR goggles? 

I'm thinking of getting into it and I've been looking at the Meta Quest 3 or the PSVR 2

Any constructive advice please?

Just now, Jack Grey said:

I'm thinking of getting into it and I've been looking at the Meta Quest 3 or the PSVR 2

I must be getting old Jack as I have absolutely no idea what any of that means!!

Swimming goggles?

5 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

No. 

Purely from a personal point of view I'd go with the PSVR 2, I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook.

However if you can deal with Facebook interference, I believe the Meta has a slightly bigger selection of games as you can link it up to Steam, Sony has blocked this for now.

A mate owned the PSVR 1 and I had a go on it a few times, very fun, nearly shat myself when he put Resident Evil on 🤣

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Pyrotequila said:

Purely from a personal point of view I'd go with the PSVR 2, I refuse to have anything to do with Facebook.

However if you can deal with Facebook interference, I believe the Meta has a slightly bigger selection of games as you can link it up to Steam, Sony has blocked this for now.

A mate owned the PSVR 1 and I had a go on it a few times, very fun, nearly shat myself when he put Resident Evil on 🤣

Yeah I have the PS5 so the PSVR 2 would be the obvious choice. 

But I think that Oculus has a bigger library and more versatility for the apps.

I would imagine the choice on Playstation would be very vanilla and really expensive to buy a game instead of an app on Quest

1 minute ago, Jack Grey said:

I would imagine the choice on Playstation would be very vanilla and really expensive to buy a game instead of an app on Quest

Comes down to personal choice in the end, and what you want to do with it.

I've had the same tug of war with myself between a Steam Deck and an Asus ROG Ally... going online it's just people saying this one is better, that one is better, this one can't do this, this one sucks, Windows sucks, Steam sucks etc etc... 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, Jack Grey said:

I bought one a good few years ago. It was top of the range then...terrible by today's standard. It wasn't for me. Went back for refund 2 days later.

The PSVR 2 seems to get good reviews. As does the Steam one (can't remember the Sunday name) You have to keep in mind the hardware in it, and running it. I have a PS5 and it's an excellent system for the money. When I want to go for 'real' 4k on games, I use my PC...the PC cost a LOT more money to build than I paid for the PS5.

If I was to give VR another go, I think I'd go for the new Playstation one. 

1 hour ago, zach said:

I bought one a good few years ago. It was top of the range then...terrible by today's standard. It wasn't for me. Went back for refund 2 days later.

The PSVR 2 seems to get good reviews. As does the Steam one (can't remember the Sunday name) You have to keep in mind the hardware in it, and running it. I have a PS5 and it's an excellent system for the money. When I want to go for 'real' 4k on games, I use my PC...the PC cost a LOT more money to build than I paid for the PS5.

If I was to give VR another go, I think I'd go for the new Playstation one. 

You want to check out the new Meta Quest 3

It's totally wireless and it includes AR games that look so much fun 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

You want to check out the new Meta Quest 3

It's totally wireless and it includes AR games that look so much fun 

I'm getting old, well got old! ;) 

I still like to play games, but the body and mind took a battering over the years and it came back to bite me in the arse. I like to sit in front of my big telly, with a controller and a beer. The moving about involved with some AR games would bloody hurt! I'm a lazy gamer these days. But...I still like to believe "never say never" 

I will look into it and maybe get one, if I can't use it, my daughter certainly will, when she stops over.

• Haha 1

You can still pick up a Meta Quest 2 for £250 with loads of bundled games and paid apps in the metaverse which are very immersive. 
There are apps for Netflix so it would be like viewing in the cinema if you swapped the reasonable external speeakers for headphones.
If you go out of the play zone which is set up with a virtual pen line around you the cameras turn on which gies you a black and white view of your surroundings so you dont have to take the headset off.

I've yet to link it up to flight simulator but it can be done.
I'm sure the MQ3 will be miles better.

• Like 1

The Pico 4 headset is worth a look, it's near 30% cheaper than the Meta unit, which is quite the difference considering it's nearly 500 quid for the Facebook item.

5 minutes ago, geared said:

The Pico 4 headset is worth a look, it's near 30% cheaper than the Meta unit, which is quite the difference considering it's nearly 500 quid for the Facebook item.

I did have a look but the company is on the verge of bankruptcy

Too much of a risk