COVID THREAD

Guest sibon
2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

Whitby is lovely, but I don't fancy swimming in the sea there, even if one could cope with the cold water And even if there were any fish to see you'd be doing well to see them through all the murky water.

The North Sea is beautifully clear. It is rich in marine life too. It is a bit cool, but if you aren't nesh, it is ok.

I'm off to France soon. No masks needed there either. Nice warm sea. Lovely people. Give that a go instead. You do need your vax record to get in though. 

58 minutes ago, Kidorry said:

If you are exempt then that is O.K but if you are not you are telling lies. That is not O.K. 

He such a Maverdick 

2 hours ago, Chekhov said:

You do not have to wear a mask in a hospital, even if you are asked you just say you have an exemption and it is dropped instantly no problem. I'm talking from experience.

Currently letters from both RHH and NGH giving details of appointments request that you wear a facemask when you are in the buildings. Just a normal thing that people do. Regular patients, visitors and staff do not stare at, comment or ask people why they are not wearing a mask as they assume and respect that they have good reason for not wearing a mask.

As you say,  you do not have to wear a mask- you could just not wear a mask or, like you, create a fuss an invent a story or tell a lie like you suggest.

You do not have to wash your hands- but you could lie and "... just say you have an exemption".

You do not have to wear clean clothes- but you could lie and "... just say you have an exemption".

If you are still pursuing martyrdom, why not just wear the T-shirt, there is no need to advise people to lie.

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Chekhov said:

I am not going anywhere that I have to wear a mask.

But, I think you are ignoring the more significant point from my post, masks are largely ineffective at preventing Covid deaths :

Deaths per million population (as at 15 May 2022) :

UK (no mask mandate since July 2021 and no where near as draconian as Greece's at any time) = 2578

Greece = 2861

I think you are ignoring the significant point that different countries and institutions have their own rules which they expect people to abide by.

If you are not prepared to do so then find an alternative.

Wherever you go you are certain to find that irrespective of the rules and laws there will be some who do wear a mask.

If that gives you the vapours you have a problem

4 hours ago, sibon said:

I went to Whitby last week. No masks required there.

So, your problem is solved.

Please dont send the whinging moaning gammon towards me theres enough here already

• Haha 1

Guest sibon
15 minutes ago, melthebell said:

Please dont send the whinging moaning gammon towards me theres enough here already

Its ok. I've gone now😀

5 hours ago, Kidorry said:

If you are exempt then that is O.K but if you are not you are telling lies. That is not O.K. 

Anyone who is upset by wearing a mask is exempt. The law was perfectly clear on that. Not that it matters anymore because it is no longer the law, thank God.

4 hours ago, Zinger549 said:

That's interesting because vegans think it's the fact more and more eateries only offer vegan meals (and no longer vegetarian options) is all I ever talk about. 

Thanks for the link though.

Edited by Chekhov

4 hours ago, sibon said:

The North Sea is beautifully clear. It is rich in marine life too. It is a bit cool, but if you aren't nesh, it is ok.

I have swum off Cleethorpes, Berwick, Withernsea. Mablethorpe and Skeggy, all in the North sea

None had clear water.

In fact for most one could not even see ones hand on entry when swimming freestyle.

Berwick was the best, Withernsea possibly the worst.

Swimming in 15/16 degree seawater is possible, it's just not particularly pleasant. Even 15/16 degrees isn't that common for the North sea anyway, it's usually colder than that.

4 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

Currently letters from both RHH and NGH giving details of appointments request that you wear a facemask when you are in the buildings. Just a normal thing that people do. Regular patients, visitors and staff do not stare at, comment or ask people why they are not wearing a mask as they assume and respect that they have good reason for not wearing a mask.

As you say,  you do not have to wear a mask- you could just not wear a mask or, like you, create a fuss an invent a story or tell a lie like you suggest.

You do not have to wash your hands- but you could lie and "... just say you have an exemption".

You do not have to wear clean clothes- but you could lie and "... just say you have an exemption".

If you are still pursuing martyrdom, why not just wear the T-shirt, there is no need to advise people to lie.

It is not a lie, anyone who is upset by wearing a mask never had to wear one, even when they were legally enforceable, which they no longer are anyway.

Let me repeat, nobody has to wear a mask anywhere if they do not want to.

Edited by Chekhov

24 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

I have swum off Cleethorpes, Berwick, Withernsea. Mablethorpe and Skeggy, all in the North sea

None had clear water.

In fact for most one could not even see ones hand on entry when swimming freestyle.

Berwick was the best, Withernsea possibly the worst.

Swimming in 15/16 degree seawater is possible, it's just not particularly pleasant. Even 15/16 degrees isn't that common for the North sea anyway, it's usually colder than that.

It is not a lie, anyone who is upset by wearing a mask never had to wear one, even when they were legally enforceable, which they no longer are anyway.

" let me repeat " No need to put that because you do 

6 hours ago, Annie Bynnol said:

I'm not exempt and I won't be wearing one anywhere, they're useless, if a place has a need for people to be wearing a mask let them provide one that does actually work.

Interesting to see that Michelle Mone put a company called Medpro in the Governments VIP lane for being rewarded with a PPE contract (£203m), her husband has a financial interest in Medpro, what a surprise, that's why masks were recommended nothing to do with health, another area where you've been conned.

Guest sibon
43 minutes ago, top4718 said:

I'm not exempt and I won't be wearing one anywhere, they're useless, if a place has a need for people to be wearing a mask let them provide one that does actually work.

Interesting to see that Michelle Mone put a company called Medpro in the Governments VIP lane for being rewarded with a PPE contract (£203m), her husband has a financial interest in Medpro, what a surprise, that's why masks were recommended nothing to do with health, another area where you've been conned

Edited by sibon

12 hours ago, Chekhov said:

"You do not have to wear a mask in a hospital, even if you are asked you just say you have an exemption and it is dropped instantly no problem. I'm talking from experience."(my underline).

It is a lie to say you have an 'exemption' when you don't. 

Most people find mask wearing masks uncomfortable at times- but they don't lie about being exempt.

If you feel strongly about an issue don't hide behind a lie. 

I cannot think of a successful campaign that was ever been enhanced by encouraging people to lie.

Claiming that "(i)t is not a lie" to say you have an exemption when you don't have one just opens the door to other lies that could cause harm.