COVID THREAD

3 hours ago, The_DADDY said:

Ignore that one cressida lovey. He's a nasty spiteful individual who isn't worth the time of day. Best ignored in my humble opinion. 

Whether you agree with them or not - they don’t come across nasty and spiteful - in fact there’s far worse - even if they do it more surreptitiously.

10 minutes ago, Mkapaka said:

Whether you agree with them or not - they don’t come across nasty and spiteful - in fact there’s far worse - even if they do it more surreptitiously.

Fine. If you're happy conversing with someone who seems to start an argument in almost every thread he posts on and can't seem to help but make many personal attacks on a variety of posters then cool. I'm happy for you. 

2 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

Fine. If you're happy conversing with someone who seems to start an argument in almost every thread he posts on and can't seem to help but make many personal attacks on a variety of posters then cool. I'm happy for you. 

He could start an argument in an empty room 

He probably practices in the mirror 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, The_DADDY said:

I converse with many posters on here without any problems at all but that will be because  they are not racist, not misogynists and not idle scroungers.

It's perfectly easy to discuss with most posters but there are around 5 or 6 who regularly insult me and I ALWAYS return the favour with the greatest pleasure.

4 hours ago, Mkapaka said:

I think that OGs posts are a little too straightforward and on the subject for a few to handle so the deflections fly thick and fast .

A Forum exists to argue points and it’s pretty obvious that some are incapable of this.

• Haha 1

On 10/01/2024 at 14:17, RJRB said:

You are selectively quoting the comments and research of others and somehow arriving at a conclusion that your thoughts or the toss of a coin etc were more meaningful.

Its getting tedious

As at March 2020 the direction and severity of Covid was far from certain and it easy for anybody to say I called it right all long.

Its obvious that opinions were mixed amongst experts but based on some rationale on what Might or Could result..

You might as well say that you picked the winner of The Grand Nationa by sticking a pin in the race card whereas the expert punters got it wrong.

Ergo Experts are a waste of space.

I hope that you don’t apply the same logic in other areas where experts are in a certain position for good reason.

Get out of town !

The experts were wrong almost every time, in fact you give me a prediction they made that turned out to be accurate !

Having said all of that, one has to have some sympathy with them as they were being asked to plan something that had never been tried before in the history of the world. Even more ludicrously they were being asked to predict its results.

But the fact it had never ever been done before in the history of the world would, one would think, have rung  some alarm bells somewhere, but it didn't. Such is the pathetic frightened, overly risk averse virtue signalling society we live in today....

On 10/01/2024 at 14:23, altus said:

His arguments, although his selective quoting hides it, typically boil down to.

• The experts said 'If we don't to X, Y will happen'.
  • Government does X, Y doesn't happen.
  • Checkov says 'Y didn't happen so we didn't need to do X'.

As above.

Sat what you want, my predictions were way more accurate than the "experts" (certainly the experts the government listened to) and I can, and have, proved it on multiple occasions.

On that subject, has anyone noticed how all the Covid posts from the early part of the pandemic have mysteriously disappeared ?

Odd that isn't it.....

Edited by Chekhov

On 10/01/2024 at 19:44, Mkapaka said:

Scientists don’t just quote other people’s research and/or quotes that match their own opinion on a subject.

armchair scientists do that. 

Armchair scientists were more accurate though.... 

But this is rubbish anyway. The government only ever quoted scientists which said stuff they wanted people to hear, basically about how appallingly bad the world would be and all our grannies would almost certainly die if we didn't all ruin our lives (and shag the economy) for months on end.

On 10/01/2024 at 21:02, Mkapaka said:

Who said anything about ignoring scientists - I’m just ignoring Chekhov - who isn’t a scientist and just quotes and references information to suit their own opinion and states it as fact.

Of course you are because I tell you uncomfortable truths and, even worse (for you) back it up with facts or quotes from authoritative sources.

Remember this one ?

Government radio advert Jan 2021 : 

"That person passing you in the park is highly likely to have Covid"

At the time about 1 in 50 people had Covid, which is not highly likely by any reasonable definition of the word.
Neither is it at all likely that anyone would catch Covid outdoors from someone passing them in the park.
Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

in today....

As above.

Sat what you want, my predictions were way more accurate than the "experts" (certainly the experts the government listened to) and I can, and have, proved it on multiple occasions.

On that subject, has anyone noticed how all the Covid posts from the early part of the pandemic have mysteriously disappeared ?

Odd that isn't it.....

You are absolutely unshakeable in your view that your gut feeling and spinning of coins has proved so much more meaningful than the vast array of microbiologists and health professionals who have dedicated their lives to the subject.

I will bow out of any further discussion on the subject and you can tell your wife,children,grandchildren about your genius,whilst you concoct a sky scraper of selective bits and pieces as your testament.

The foundations are a bit rocky

20 hours ago, Organgrinder said:

Exactly,  not worth arguing about  -  in fact,  not worth raising in the first  place.

Your  "proof"  wouldn't be worth much considering that  some think that yourself [Cressida - Princess Cool] and Grey are one and the same, or that he has use of your account.

No matter as none of it is important anyway.   Our lives feel fulfilled without needing to know where he is.   If he were a nicer, caring human being,  it may have been different.

This has got to be just about the most stupid comment you have ever made, and that's saying something.

@cressida is  woman.

Have you never read any of @Jack Grey posts ?

The idea he would pose as woman is beyond parody.

Edited by Chekhov
  • Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

This has got to be just about the most stupid comment you have ever made, and that's saying something.

@cressida is  woman.

The guy is a cartoon

Apparently I'm a misogynist but also posing as a women 

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Chekhov said:

@cressida is  woman.

Let’s hope so or The Daddy is in for a big surprise 😂Princess Cool or Prince passion killer

Edited by RJRB
  • Haha 1