COVID THREAD

1 hour ago, Chekhov said:

I do not accept that for the following reasons :

1 - There are only about one fifth of the number in hospital with Covid as there were last January.

2 - Pretty much everyone who is vulnerable to Covid has been vaccinated, almost all the most vulnerable have had three vaccines.

3 - All the available evidence points to Omicron being less deadly than any other variant.

4 - Bearing the above in mind, if we are suppressing society "to save the NHS" (yet again) what is to stop this being done next year ? And the year after ?

I have always been a big fan of the NHS but I have to say I am losing my enthusiasm for that institution as they regularly plead for government's to take my freedom's away because they cannot cope. Well, if they cannot cope so regularly let's try a different model of health provision.

That's just the point, they're asking yet again after 20 months.... :

To paraphrase Friedrich von Schrötter (apparently it wasn't actually Bismark) : 

"Britain is not a country with a health service, but a health service with a country"

First bit underlined: enough people getting jabbed with boosters, is what.

Second bit underlined: don’t worry, that’s coming down the pipe before long, whether you want it or not.

Not sure that you’ll like that different model much, but well, you makes your democratic choices, you lives with them 😉

6 minutes ago, L00b said:

Second bit underlined: don’t worry, that’s coming down the pipe before long, whether you want it or not.

Not sure that you’ll like that different model much, but well, you makes your democratic choices, you lives with them 😉

What do you think the "different model" would be, the German system is semi private and is one of the best regarded in the world.

What do you think will happen in the next 6-12 months?

51 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Summer or not they've had a high number of cases, have a low vax uptake and low number of serious illnesses and no deaths.

Most are well written but are total nonsense you like them as they toe the same line as you do.

Hospitalisations have been falling for months without the need for the booster.

But with vaccines

3 minutes ago, RJRB said:

But with vaccines

If the need for boosters every three months is the norm a lot of those vaccines will have been having zero effect for a while, anti-bodies and natural immunity will have played as big a part.

Edited by top4718

No-one seems keen to engage with that question I've posted a couple of times-

'The last I heard is that one person had died with [not of] omicron.

Any update on that, has more than one person died on it, and/or has someone been located who has provenly died from it?'

It seems a very harmless virus to be justifying so many harmful [to mental health, economy, civil liberties] restrictions. 

2 hours ago, makapaka said:

Year 9 - so she’s coming up for 14

Ahh yes, that explains it. I havce never got used to all this when I was at school it was J1, J2 etc, then start again at Secondary school !

But did they have to ask your permission anyway ?

1 hour ago, L00b said:

>>Bearing the above in mind, if we are suppressing society "to save the NHS" (yet again) what is to stop this being done next year ? And the year after ?<<

But they said that about the vaccine (that's the original vaccine) ! "The vaccine is the way out of this", in fact they originally said "we'd be back to normal" once everyone with a serious health condition or over 65 was jabbed.

The problem is the *******s keep moving the goal posts and I do not trust them one millimetre.

"Back to normal once everyone over 65 or with a serious health condition is jabbed (Apr 21)"

AGEUK-death-rate-per-age-group-popn-tota

17 minutes ago, onewheeldave said:

No-one seems keen to engage with that question I've posted a couple of times-

'The last I heard is that one person had died with [not of] omicron.

Any update on that, has more than one person died on it, and/or has someone been located who has provenly died from it?'

It seems a very harmless virus to be justifying so many harmful [to mental health, economy, civil liberties] restrictions. 

I don't think people know, and, tellingly, very tellingly, the government have kept very quiet about it......

Read into that what you want (and you'd probably be correct).

Edited by Chekhov

1 hour ago, top4718 said:

Newer vaccine options, potentially a new variant as the virus adapts to vaccines and a combination of working from home and restrictions depending on cases. 

So in summary not much different to how things are now. 

Most likely Rishi as PM

Edited by Delayed

2 hours ago, top4718 said:

What do you think the "different model" would be, the German system is semi private and is one of the best regarded in the world.

US with Obamacare -like. It’s where the current government is taking you.

German healthcare model is (i) German and (ii) European. Ideologically impure, to the power of 10 unicorns. So you’re not getting that.

Another booster, another milder variant dominating the infectious landscape, more normality than 6-12 months ago, not quite the same normality as pre-2020.

Oh, and full-fat customs checks at your borders (July 1st, with foretaste in 3 weeks’time). So less consuming choices and still higher prices.

Edited by L00b

If the need for boosters every three months is the norm a lot of those vaccines will have been having zero effect for a while, anti-bodies and natural immunity will have played as big a part.

I have no idea.3 weeks ago I had never heard of Omicron.

2 years ago we were just about to learn of the epidemic that then became a pandemic.

No deaths were recorded until 5 weeks after the first U.K. cases were recorded.

However my best hope is that any future variant is increasingly less threatening.

I differentiate between the scientific/medical abilities against how our politicians use the information.

I hope that natural immunity becomes a big factor but in the meantime I am happy to take any modified vaccine or tablets that may be necessary .Happily my nearest and dearest have the same opinion.

I go no  further than believing the vaccine is for personal protection so it is down to personal choice.

I'll try again but in the correct thread this time.. 

An interesting video for those wanting to hear the other side.. 

https://fb.watch/9UIU2RvPDh/

If you aren't interested in anything but the mainstream narrative then scroll on by.

Just now, The_DADDY said:

I'll try again but in the correct thread this time.. 

An interesting video for those wanting to hear the other side.. 

https://fb.watch/9UIU2RvPDh/

If you aren't interested in anything but the mainstream narrative then scroll on by.

•  

Ha Ha Ha 😂