Dem Blades V Toffees

Nothing else but a win will do. 

I'll stick my neck out & go for a 3-0 win over Everton, based on the last two league performances. 

Can't see anything other than a cagey game but I think the blades will win by the odd goal.

2 hours ago, Baron99 said:

Nothing else but a win will do. 

I'll stick my neck out & go for a 3-0 win over Everton, based on the last two league performances. 

I agree Mr. Baron,

Even at this early stage of the season, it's a must win...

I'm going for a not very confident 2-0 win..

Sounds a really good game on the radio hope the injury is not too bad one of the commentators was wincing when it happened.

Edited by *Wallace*

Smashing game fair result .

It was an alright game and a fair result.

The match was strewn with errors though, neither side could keep the ball for any length of time.

Spawny goal for The Blades before half time, which was cancelled out by some spawny last ditch defending by Everton at the end of the game.

Onana and Branthwaite were the best players on the pitch.

Being honest, fair result but from going 2-1, we should have killed the game off we let Everton back in.  We could have nicked it at the death but for Pickford. 

4 games in, we've chucked points away against Forest & Man City & a 3 pointer today.  We should have been looking at 5 points by this afternoon but we end up with 1.  Trouble is we've dropped points against teams we'll be in the fight for relegation with. 

In the upcoming games, I can't see where the next point / points will come from except Fulham?  Can't see much reward from Spurs, Newcastle, West Ham, Man U or Arsenal?

Edited by Baron99
  • Like 1

24 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

In the upcoming games, I can't see where the next point / points will come from except Fulham?  Can't see much reward from Spurs, Newcastle, West Ham, Man U or Arsenal?

It’s tough at the top. I can just about remember.

Apparently Sean Dyche has stated that he didn't like the physicality in the game.  Seeing as how Everton fielded a team of  giants, got two yellow cards to our one and caused two of our players to leave the pitch through injury  I'm wondering if he was watching the same game that I was.

Perhaps the game looks completely different from the technical area in front of the South Stand than it looks from the John Street Stand?

To say we had players making their league debut we did okay. Perhaps having a preseason during the actual league games wasn't the best way of going about things but it is what it is.

Archer did well. 

Enjoyed it and a fair result.

Took me an an half to get to Birley after the game, setting off to Skeggy now it'll not take that much longer.

1 hour ago, Alextopman said:

Enjoyed it and a fair result.

Took me an an half to get to Birley after the game, setting off to Skeggy now it'll not take that much longer.

Think of all the 'poor' sods who pay a small fortune to park behind the Tony Currie Stand's main car park & behind the Kop, only to be told part way through the game that both car parks will be closed on 80 mins & then have to wait an hour, (think that's what was said over the crowd noise?), after the match to pick up their vehicles, in order to reduce traffic congestion around BDTBL. 

What happens after an hour then when hundreds of vehicles suddenly hit the streets? 

On a separate note, there was a fair bit of congestion at the bottom of London Rd / Boston St junction outside Rassam's Ice Cream place.  A Blade was being attended by a ambulance & police car.  He was placed on a stretcher for some reason?  Hope he's ok? 

52 minutes ago, Baron99 said:

Think of all the 'poor' sods who pay a small fortune to park behind the Tony Currie Stand's main car park & behind the Kop, only to be told part way through the game that both car parks will be closed on 80 mins & then have to wait an hour, (think that's what was said over the crowd noise?), after the match to pick up their vehicles, in order to reduce traffic congestion around BDTBL. 

What happens after an hour then when hundreds of vehicles suddenly hit the streets? 

On a separate note, there was a fair bit of congestion at the bottom of London Rd / Boston St junction outside Rassam's Ice Cream place.  A Blade was being attended by a ambulance & police car.  He was placed on a stretcher for some reason?  Hope he's ok? 

Just arrived in Skeggy it took 1 hour 50 mins.