Rip Plaintalker

Rest in peace PT, valued our chats on Facebook messenger.

• Like 1

I was fortunate to know PT many years before the days of Sheffield Forum. Sending thoughts to her friends and family.

On 18/08/2023 at 18:44, medusa said:

I've signed in for the first time since Mort died, just to make sure that the forum old guard receive the message that this morning Shel Turner, aka PlainTalker, passed away in hospital.

Just come across this thread. Sad to read the news. I think that I met Mort and PT,  at a Moderators get-together held in the Centertainment bowling alley. But nice that they're fondly remembered. Also good to hear from you and other ex-Mods.

I met the loquacious Plaintalker going on 15 years ago. We came across each other over half a dozen times. The meeting place was always on the number 22 bus heading to town. She boarded the bus at Washington Road just past Sharrow Lane. I presume she must have lived nearby. She boarded the bus in her wheelchair after the driver had lowered the bus ramp.

The determined Plaintalker and I always had a good natter when I could get a word in.

She seemed to be proud of her dad, and mentioned they had lived in 'many' different places in Sheffield over many years. She also told me she was considering converting to the Islam religion.

Plaintalker was concerned for others, and helped towards pensioners getting the half-fare when they travel by train within South Yorkshire. Prior to that it was full-fare. She was also involved in many other causes in helping others.

Sleep peacefully Michelle.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, zakes said:

I met the loquacious Plaintalker going on 15 years ago. We came across each other over half a dozen times. The meeting place was always on the number 22 bus heading to town. She boarded the bus at Washington Road just past Sharrow Lane. I presume she must have lived nearby. She boarded the bus in her wheelchair after the driver had lowered the bus ramp.

The determined Plaintalker and I always had a good natter when I could get a word in.

She seemed to be proud of her dad, and mentioned they had lived in 'many' different places in Sheffield over many years. She also told me she was considering converting to the Islam religion.

Plaintalker was concerned for others, and helped towards pensioners getting the half-fare when they travel by train within South Yorkshire. Prior to that it was full-fare. She was also involved in many other causes in helping others.

Sleep peacefully Michelle.

Interesting post Zakes,  dare I say her first name was Shelley  (Turner)

11 minutes ago, cressida said:

Interesting post Zakes,  dare I say her first name was Shelley  (Turner)

Shel/Shelley, short for Michelle 👍🏻

• Like 2

Just popping out of hiding to say how sad that PT has gone. We talked many times on forum but it was only recently we met in the real world.

• Like 1

Ref #43 nikki red.

Thank you for pointing out Shel/Shelley are shortisms for Michelle.

When I first spoke with Plaintalker all those years ago she deffo introduced herself as Michelle.

I pride myself on having a long memory for detail.

• Like 1