The Season Begins.

Not for the top flight but for lower leagues tonight.

Wednesday will finish the day either top of the Championship or bottom tonight.

There should be a decent crowd for their return to the second tier of football let's hope the weather improves and everyone has a good night and for the sofa surfers make sure your firestick subscriptions are up to date.

• Like 1

They are already top of the league

On season ticket prices!

Joking apart though.... toughest league in the world where anyone can beat anyone. Good luck Wednesday.

Edited by Monkesreturn

Come around a bit too quickly for me. Could do with another few weeks off to be honest.

Can't see anything but a struggle this season for both clubs, but it's never boring is it!!

Wish ye well tonight guys gonna be tough season for our teams.. 👍😉

17 minutes ago, Al Bundy said:

Come around a bit too quickly for me. Could do with another few weeks off to be honest.

Can't see anything but a struggle this season for both clubs, but it's never boring is it!!

Same, far too quick. We'll do well with a mid table finish. Can't see United doing as well as they did the 1st season back last time but could scrape survival which is all that matters.

Anyway I'll be watching on my firestick unfortunately, wish I could of gone though.

3 hours ago, Alextopman said:

Not for the top flight but for lower leagues tonight.

😁

Not expecting anything tonight, Saints will be very strong.

I’ll be interested to see the new lads in action. I don’t know much about most of them, so seeing them on the pitch will be a bonus. It’s going to take us a few weeks to get everything settled, I think.

Nobody wins the league in August, so we’ve plenty of time to reverse that gap😁

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Al Bundy said:

Agreed

2 hours ago, Monkesreturn said:

They are already top of the league

And bottom.

WELL tonights game is hard as they have so many top players ,which good for others they wont have in a few weeks,but will they play as if they are in the shop window or play safe as worried about injury ,well will watch on sky as night matchs a big problem as with illness ,but hope to be there soon miss my burger/chips and that atmosphere ,it cannot be beaten,hes getting a good squad,but how long to put the together,as i said play offs  great but they cause havoc with getting a squad together as your weeks behind ,then add the manager saga,says it all

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

WELL tonights game is hard as they have so many top players ,which good for others they wont have in a few weeks,but will they play as if they are in the shop window or play safe as worried about injury ,well will watch on sky as night matchs a big problem as with illness ,but hope to be there soon miss my burger/chips and that atmosphere ,it cannot be beaten,hes getting a good squad,but how long to put the together,as i said play offs  great but they cause havoc with getting a squad together as your weeks behind ,then add the manager saga,says it all

It's a promoted team against a relegated team. The impetuous should be with the Owls. I expect Wednesday to get a draw at least.

I agree that the manager saga hasn't helped. One of my neighbours is a Wednesdyite ( thankfully the others are Blades 👍) he's a decent guy despite that, and was absolutely ecstatic after the playoff come back - which he was at - and he had every right to be.

What happened after that was strange to say the least, but league players are well paid professionals and the new guy seems OK so who knows. 

One thing both Sheffield clubs are brilliant at is making life difficult for themselves. We are both world class in that department!

Well, before the big KO, the Blades have lost their main asset to the French league, so we've got to do all we can to hold onto the other main asset (Hecky).  The Owls apparently were outclassed by Southampton, but only lost by the odd goal.  They will face far weaker teams than that one in this league, so shouldn't get dispirited.

It's a pity that clubs have to divide their resources between planning for matches and doing transfer business, but that's how it is, so there will be squad changes for both I guess before the deadline.

Interesting times ahead........