Ripped Of By Halfords Garage Best Way Forward

1 minute ago, RollingJ said:

I agree with you, but they have never been what I would call a reliable operation. I know they've been going a long time, but I used to hear horror stories from some of my fathers customers when he ran a motor engineering business and that's going back to the 1970's.

Maybe not. I only ever use them when I need a new headlight bulb fitting. They do that competently enough.

These days, if you don’t use complaints procedures, it is often difficult to get stuff resolved. Using the CP generally takes any personal stuff out of a dispute and puts it in the hands of someone who has an incentive to  sort it out.

2 minutes ago, fools said:

did you say email

You can read.

Just now, Prettytom said:

Maybe not. I only ever use them when I need a new headlight bulb fitting. They do that competently enough.

These days, if you don’t use complaints procedures, it is often difficult to get stuff resolved. Using the CP generally takes any personal stuff out of a dispute and puts it in the hands of someone who has an incentive to  sort it out.

I agree again - they can do simple things, but anything much more complicated than a bulb used to confuse them, even in those days.

12 minutes ago, Prettytom said:

You can read.

Hmmm... :huh:

I think I'd be asking myself...

... do I really need advice from someone who can't change their own car headlight bulb? :hihi:

• Haha 2

Depends on the car. Some modern ones are designed to be as complicated as possible. Sorry to be serious.

5 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

... do I really need advice from someone who can't change their own car headlight bulb? :hihi:

what do they say about teachers

5 minutes ago, Mr Bloke said:

I didn’t say that I couldn’t.

I said that I don’t.

(I can’t though, it’s a right squeeze for my fat fingers)

1 minute ago, fools said:

:huh:

7 minutes ago, fools said:

Why?

What has that got to do with anything?

Always wanging on about teachers.

Edited by Prettytom

1 hour ago, Hans-solo said:

Hi I sent my car to halfords bradfield rd for aircon diagnostic £18 already been told system is leaking so wanted diagnostic for my warranty company halfords said all test show it's fine just re gas yeah ok I thought well they tested it might be right paid £122 through payment assist all sorted lasted a day then no aircon again this time halfords say its leaking bad through condenser so I asked via email a refund this was 7th july I've had 1 return email saying they sending details to area manager not heard a thing since I've sent several emails no reply I tried online chat soon as I put my name chat is ended what would people reccomend I try next thanks in advance I know I should never go near halfords but didn't know where else to go

Judging by some of the replies I bet you are really regretting posting this question on here?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mr Bloke said:

I take it your quite adept at solving mechanical problems....

I'm asking myself...

Could you fit a big end in your Tranny?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Padders said:

I take it your quite adept at solving mechanical problems....

I'm asking myself...

Could you fit a big end in your Tranny?

It's an interesting question, Mr Padders!

I have been known to dabble with an oily rag...

... and should the need arise, I would be only too happy to get my hands dirty and give it my best shot! :)

1 minute ago, Mr Bloke said:

It's an interesting question, Mr Padders!

I have been known to dabble with an oily rag...

... and should the need arise, I would be only too happy to get my hands dirty and give it my best shot! :)

:hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

Well worth the wait.

• Confused 1