Sheffield Drains Need Cleaning

So many drains side of roads blocked I've noticed, and as soon as it rains it floods , what a surprise 😁 

Now you would have thought Sheffield Council just might clean the main problem areas, 

But seems not

Rant over 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The Manager said:

So many drains side of roads blocked I've noticed, and as soon as it rains it floods , what a surprise 😁 

Now you would have thought Sheffield Council just might clean the main problem areas, 

But seems not

Rant over 

To be fair Mr. Manager,

That hardly qualifies as rant status.

7 minutes ago, The Manager said:

But seems not

Rant over 

Stop being silly .

11 minutes ago, The Manager said:

But seems not

Rant over 

IT'S RIDICULOUS  !!!

THE DRAINS ARE ALL BLOCKED, IT'S NO SURPRISE.

WHAT A PATHETIC COUCIL WE HAVE, ROADS FLOOD AT THE FIRST DROP OF RAIN, CARS GET STUCK, ROADS ARE IMPASSABLE.

GET IT SORTED!!!!!!!!!!

That's a Rant.

• Like 3

Water companies are not interested in blocked drains or the water system being antiquated and not suitable to meet the demands of a growing population, they care about giving huge profits to shareholders though and now they can just blame "climate change" for any problems their lack of investment causes, politicians won't address this as it plays brilliantly into their hands when pushing the propaganda.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Water companies are not interested in blocked drains or the water system being antiquated and not suitable to meet the demands of a growing population, they care about giving huge profits to shareholders though and now they can just blame "climate change" for any problems their lack of investment causes, politicians won't address this as it plays brilliantly into their hands when pushing the propaganda.

Because roadside blocked drains aren't their responsibility perhaps?

• Like 1

Although my view of Sheffield council is unprintable,  I must in fairness say that I have observed the drain cleaning vehicle,  having to miss drain after drain,  due to parked cars & vans.

It is a bit of a problem for the department if they don't have ready access to them.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Organgrinder said:

Although my view of Sheffield council is unprintable,  I must in fairness say that I have observed the drain cleaning vehicle,  having to miss drain after drain,  due to parked cars & vans.

It is a bit of a problem for the department if they don't have ready access to them.

If they did it regularly they could pre-warn people to keep it clear, they did with the re-surfacing works.

• Like 1