Arctic Monkeys Concerts In Hillsborough Park

90 minutes. Is that it? 

Bruce Springsteen is double their ages and does double that, what a con. 

Living in Stannington, I may get to hear some of it !

• Like 1

3 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

90 minutes. Is that it? 

Bruce Springsteen is double their ages and does double that, what a con. 

Pfft I take it you never saw Ken Dodd, once saw him at Scarborough,  show started at 7.00 pm, we left the Theatre at 12.30am.

• Like 1

There already seems to be a problem with residents parking, some are getting stopped entering their own road as they have no parking pass.

• Haha 1

On the Star website it says:

Holme Lane close up to its junction with Wadsley Lane. Holme Lane does not have a junction with Wadsley Lane. They are about half a mile from each other

Infirmary Road closed to its junction with Rudyard Road. Infirmary Road does not have a junction with Rudyard Road, again they are about half a mile from each other.

Does anybody know the real situation? This evening I need to get from Walkley to my Mum's near Wisewood, then to Fox Hill.

48 minutes ago, jgharston said:

On the Star website it says:

Holme Lane close up to its junction with Wadsley Lane. Holme Lane does not have a junction with Wadsley Lane. They are about half a mile from each other

Infirmary Road closed to its junction with Rudyard Road. Infirmary Road does not have a junction with Rudyard Road, again they are about half a mile from each other.

Does anybody know the real situation? This evening I need to get from Walkley to my Mum's near Wisewood, then to Fox Hill.

Same thing showing on Yorkshire Live website.

https://www.examinerlive.co.uk/whats-on/music-nightlife-news/sheffield-road-closures-arctic-monkeys-27086940

Reading the whole thing it I think they've got Wadsley Lane mixed up with Walkley Lane and don't know Infirmary Road becomes Langsett Road where the north end of the Kelvin Flats used to be.

Edited by Longcol

4 hours ago, Jack_Russell said:

Pfft I take it you never saw Ken Dodd, once saw him at Scarborough,  show started at 7.00 pm, we left the Theatre at 12.30am.

Agreed, we saw him at the Lyceum and we came out at 12.30am. Also seen Billy Joel twice, also turned 70,  perform. On stage for two and a half hours solid, no interval, no prancing about or disappearing to change clothes. Very little chat just one song after another. Real music played by real musicians.  Magical.

• Like 2

when is SWFC big event at hillsbrough this year?

40 minutes ago, bassett one said:

Probably when Leeds or Leicester come to town. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, bassett one said:

Relegation? 

Guest busdriver1

The only thing that I am taking from this is that those who say that various events that cause inconvenience to others but are of interest to the posters are dismissed as "only this one time / once a year / or the favourite its for charity". 

But when it it something they don't like it is a major inconvenience and should not be allowed - well think about that when people don't like the fact that large parts of the city are closed down for an event you do like but they don't.

We have had 2 major bands , both with strong local connections playing gigs in the City within a few days, and people are moaning in the true style of locals.

Both these bands are major players in the music scene and collectively have done a lot to put the area on the map. What a lovely welcome home for them.

11 hours ago, busdriver1 said:

The only thing that I am taking from this is thIat those who say that various events that cause inconvenience to others but are of interest to the posters are dismissed as "only this one time / once a year / or the favourite its for charity". 

But when it it something they don't like it is a major inconvenience and should not be allowed - well think about that when people don't like the fact that large parts of the city are closed down for an event you do like but they don't.

We have had 2 major bands , both with strong local connections playing gigs in the City within a few days, and people are moaning in the true style of locals.

Both these bands are major players in the music scene and collectively have done a lot to put the area on the map. What a lovely welcome home for them.

I'll bet 70% of the revellers at the Arctic Monkeys gig are students not originally from Sheffield. Not that that's a bad thing, I'm not having a go, I'm just saying.