Smelly People In Town

4 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Yes I'm certain, wasn't it called "wash and brush up" or something like that? Someone on here who's lived in Sheffield longer than me should will confirm it 

No showers though 😂

I had a shower on Tuesday -- my birthday.

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No showers though 😂

Ah okay....I could've swore blind I read something on here which said that in years gone by there was a shower facility there.

13 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Ah okay....I could've swore blind I read something on here which said that in years gone by there was a shower facility there.

Only a golden one .

• Haha 2

53 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Yes I'm certain, wasn't it called "wash and brush up" or something like that? Someone on here who's lived in Sheffield longer than me should will confirm it 

Yes. Wash and brush up is correct. I think blokes could only strip down to the waist-perhaps with vest intact. Wonder if soap and towel were provided-like the public baths- and if so, probably not for nowt. I think the Fitzalan Square facility had that also.

Edited by St Petre

51 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

No showers though 😂

Correct Hackey !

50 minutes ago, cytine said:

I had a shower on Tuesday -- my birthday.

I've had at least ten since January 1st but wonder why stray dogs cross the street when I approach.

41 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

What a strange topic!

Yeah, it stinks.  

I do remember the showers in the gents toilets under the Town Hall. 

• Like 1

It's got worse since Brexit. The people who voted leave have become fatter, smellier and noisily proud of the fact. The country really is going to the dogs and there is a real poverty of aspiration among leavers. It's no wonder Lanzarote has said fat Brexity types are not welcome, stomping around gobbling sausage rolls with brown sauce smeared on their faces with their enormous hairy bellies hanging out (and that's just the women). The decent and reasonable among us need to start standing up for what is right and make the change happen. Let's rejoin the single market and customs union and allow mutual free movement as an absolute minimum and show the smelly leavers that having no education and a determination to ruin our children's futures is not someting to be proud of.

Edited by amazon123
  • Haha 3

I am more aware of the ladies who put far too much 'fragrance' on, they must use half a bottle at a time, overpowering pongs...cannot stand it. A dab behind the ears should be enough.

36 minutes ago, amazon123 said:

It's got worse since Brexit. The people who voted leave have become fatter, smellier and noisily proud of the fact. The country really is going to the dogs and there is a real poverty of aspiration among leavers. It's no wonder Lanzarote has said fat Brexity types are not welcome, stomping around gobbling sausage rolls with brown sauce smeared on their faces with their enormous hairy bellies hanging out (and that's just the women). The decent and reasonable among us need to start standing up for what is right and make the change happen. Let's rejoin the single market and customs union and allow mutual free movement as an absolute minimum and show the smelly leavers that having no education and a determination to ruin our children's futures is not someting to be proud of.

Nice rant - feel better now?

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, RollingJ said:

Nice rant - feel better now?

Shouldn't you be down Greggs ranting about small boats? Or sinking your third pint of warm Brexit bitter down Spoons with your gammony mates?

Edited by amazon123
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1