Savage Family Research

I'm researching my grandfathers ancestry George Edward Savage. The family lived in Crookes on Carson Road. I have traced back to the early 1800s and they were a very poor working class family file cutters etc. coming from around the areas  around City Road, and Kelham Island. Can anybody help - thanks. There were lots of children so I might be lucky in that someone else out there is trying to find out more.

Ex top cop Mick Savage and family live in Dore.

Ex bricklayer and club turn Derick lived near City Road . Derick was a Roy Orbison and Gene Pitney type singer , Although he never gave up his day job to perform .

There was a family called Savage living on Lancing Road many years ago . I seem to remember the man was called Ron or Ronald.

A family on Hackenthorpe  called Savage .

I lived on Forres Road in Crookes 1960's/70's and I'm sure there was a family by the name of Savage that lived on the same road.

Hi Maryhoppy, If you post more details of him ie approximate birth year & birthplace, name of wife & children I can have a look for you to see if I can find anything else, John

22 hours ago, Maryhoppy said:

I'm researching my grandfathers ancestry George Edward Savage. The family lived in Crookes on Carson Road. I have traced back to the early 1800s and they were a very poor working class family file cutters etc. coming from around the areas  around City Road, and Kelham Island. Can anybody help - thanks. There were lots of children so I might be lucky in that someone else out there is trying to find out more.

In the remote hope that we might be distantly related,  I have a few Savages in my tree that precede yours.  John Savage married Hannah Conor; child William Savage (born abt 1763) married Hannah Bee and had child Sarah Savage born abt 1791 who married Joseph Mettam - lived for a time in Bailey Lane, Sheffield.

I remember a  Graham Savage, he had a petrol station with a few second-hand cars, in Maltby - would be around 1969 - I remember he had a son about 9 or 10 years old

Regards - Victor - Subang Jay, Selangor, Malaysia 🌞 92 degrees

I went to prince Edwards school from 78 to 85 with a Jason Savage, lived just off queen Mary road on a road who's name I can't remember, and has since gone with the new estate build 

Savage family lived at BIRLEY FARM on Birley Lane, Sheffield  12  during the 1950s.Hope this helps