Ee Broadband Up 14.4%

Well my BB is going up by over £4 pm, I was expecting it after what I had read about all the companies putting their prices up by around 15%. The thing is what is the point of looking elsewhere when they are all going up by about the same amount. 

The government make you laugh they go on about wanting to reduce inflation yet allow these companies to rip us off. 

1 minute ago, iansheff said:

Well my BB is going up by over £4 pm, I was expecting it after what I had read about all the companies putting their prices up by around 15%. The thing is what is the point of looking elsewhere when they are all going up by about the same amount. 

The government make you laugh they go on about wanting to reduce inflation yet allow these companies to rip us off. 

Sadly its all in their terms. O2 just put up phone bills by 17.3% on the same basis.

People can vote with their feet at renewal if they wish, but new contracts likely have these increases built into them.

I pay £60 a month for Sky, probably expensive but I can't get Virgin (and wouldn't if I could, the main reason I left Talk Talk just over 2 years ago was cos their African call centre was doing my head in) and I was with Plusnet up to around last April, and ditched them for Sky as PN's call centre was doing my head in, the landline didn't work, and the Fibre was too slow.

40 minutes ago, melthebell said:

I imagine all broadbands will go up tbh, with risings electricity costs it must be expensive to run with all that electric equipment, fans and cooling

They are all going up by around 15%, so not really worth moving. I have been with EE for many years ever since Orange took on Freeserve.  When renewals have been due I have always been able to get a good deal when ringing them, that is why I have stayed with them.