How Much Longer Before Silly Price Increases Stop.

Inflation was the cause for the increases in supermarkets but now it has fallen a little why are some items still going up in big increases. Example, last week Daddies brown sauce had gone from £1.50 to £2, today I got bleach and washing up liquid, I am sure the last time I bought  both the bleach was around £1 now £1.50, the washing up liquid was also around £1 now £1.15, last week potatoes had gone up just under 9%.

Tesco has decided to put their mobile bills up by 14.4% while Virgin increase their bb price by 13.8%. It is ok these companies saying you can leave for free but where to when they are all putting prices up by about the same amount.

Then there are  companies such as  Shell, BP  and Centrica all making mega profits, there is talk of energy bills rising even though the cap is dropping.

What is the point of Ofgem and Ofcom, they are supposed to look after the customers not the big companies but it doesn't seem to work that way.

Edited by iansheff

There is no doubt profiteering is going on.  However the inflation rate is still over 10%.  The inflation rate for food last year was over 15%.  Aldi and Lidl are attracting new customers because their prices tend to be lower than the tradition long established UK supermarkets.  The quality is also good at Aldi and Lidl.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, iansheff said:

Inflation was the cause for the increases in supermarkets but now it has fallen a little why are some items still going up in big increases. Example, last week Daddies brown sauce had gone from £1.50 to £2, today I got bleach and washing up liquid, I am sure the last time I bought  both the bleach was around £1 now £1.50, the washing up liquid was also around £1 now £1.15, last week potatoes had gone up just under 9%.

Tesco has decided to put their mobile bills up by 14.4% while Virgin increase their bb price by 13.8%. It is ok these companies saying you can leave for free but where to when they are all putting prices up by about the same amount.

Then there are  companies such as  Shell, BP  and Centrica all making mega profits, there is talk of energy bills rising even though the cap is dropping.

What is the point of Ofgem and Ofcom, they are supposed to look after the customers not the big companies but it doesn't seem to work that way.

I posted a very easy way to pay a lower rate for your electricity on the Energy Bills thread, at least twice, I guarantee not a single person followed my advice. My electric unit rate is 24p today, and gas is under 6p.

It's ridiculous now,

Just been to Morrison's, a couple of months ago you could buy,

Fray Bentos Pies  £1-50.... today £3-25.

Nescafe Coffee 300g  £5-50.... today £8.

Lion Bars £1-20  today £1-75.

Eggs, milk, butter all gone up.

On the plus side I managed to grab a few bottles of Old Golden Hen, half price a Quid.

Nice when you can drink your worries away.

1 minute ago, Padders said:

It's ridiculous now,

Just been to Morrison's, a couple of months ago you could buy,

Fray Bentos Pies  £1-50.... today £3-25.

Nescafe Coffee 300g  £5-50.... today £8.

Lion Bars £1-20  today £1-75.

Eggs, milk, butter all gone up.

On the plus side I managed to grab a few bottles of Old Golden Hen, half price a Quid.

Nice when you can drink your worries away.

I noticed the Fray Bentos pies today in Asda and saw they were now £3, I think they were about £2 last week when I saw them in B & M's.

33 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

I posted a very easy way to pay a lower rate for your electricity on the Energy Bills thread, at least twice, I guarantee not a single person followed my advice. My electric unit rate is 24p today, and gas is under 6p.

Where failed is that you didn't post how to pay a lower price for Daddy's sauce,  Nescafe coffee,  Lion bars etc.

Come on, it's not rocket science !

2 minutes ago, Meltman said:

Where failed is that you didn't post how to pay a lower price for Daddy's sauce,  Nescafe coffee,  Lion bars etc.

Come on, it's not rocket science !

I'd like to know how much HHR's Cheese and Ham sandwich is now?

Keeps stum about that dunt he.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Padders said:

I'd like to know how much HHR's Cheese and Ham sandwich is now?

Keeps stum about that dunt he.

Had a lovely bit of chorizo on a baguette for lunch today.

Ha, just had an email from o2, and the CEO who is called Gareth Turpin. Bills are going up 17.3% in April. Wonder if he is any relation.

My bill is very small anyway but thats a whopping increase.

Edited by HeHasRisen
  • Haha 2