Recovering 'Missing' Folder After Using Folderlocker?

Today I have ''lost'' some important files. I'll try and explain.

Ages ago I started using Folderlocker,  (B) not an app, but a simple and formely capable locker I downloaded, as shown.

It sat in a folder (C) with the files (C) and requires a password to lock and unlock it, which then reveals/hides the files in their own folder (A), and has worked well, never causing issues or showing up in anti-virus tests.

However, I today moved the main folder (A)  to my hard drive, which worked well.

BUT I then somehow moved (B) on it's own to another folder on my HD, and my files (still in the folder) disappeared?

I have tried the recycle folder and even tried searching by name on my HD and C: folder for 'Locker', but nothing. The internet resolutions haven't worked either so far, and seemed dated.

Hope that's as clear as it can be. Hope someone has an idea.

329716662_untitl.jpg329716664_untitled.jpg329716665_untitle.jpg

What Operating System are you using ? I’m out of touch with windows so don’t know if SystemRestore is still an option.

Reply removed

Edited by me-and-pippo

3 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

What Operating System are you using ? I’m out of touch with windows so don’t know if SystemRestore is still an option.

Using Chrome with Windows 10

Well I’ve googled it and Windows 10 does have system restore it’s worth a try.

On 13/01/2023 at 20:17, *Wallace* said:

Well I’ve googled it and Windows 10 does have system restore it’s worth a try.

Tried that to a week before and didn't resolve it.

On 13/01/2023 at 14:34, Electerrific said:

Hope that's as clear as it can be. Hope someone has an idea.

it's not clear to me..

but you could try using  https://www.voidtools.com/

to see if it's lurking somewhere, or an undelete utility to recover it from deletion

2 hours ago, fools said:

it's not clear to me..

but you could try using  https://www.voidtools.com/

to see if it's lurking somewhere, or an undelete utility to recover it from deletion

Thanks, I will. I wasn't sure the files were deleted, just hidden/encrypted?

the opening post is a little too ambiguous to give advice, don't get all the abc stuff, if you could expand on that with specifics it might help.. have you tried moving the unlocker file back to the folder you moved it from?

you moved the main folder to your hard drive ... from where? if from another drive, an undelete utility may get it back

is this a 3rd party .exe (if so give a link to it), or a .cmd or .bat file (if so, open it up in notepad and post the contents)

there are some batch files (with similar names) around that just hide the files from view from the windows interface rather than do any encryption, but they are still there, which is why I suggested that software which will find anything on the hd.

Edited by fools

I may be well off but have you done a search for the file and clicked show hidden files ?

16 hours ago, fools said:

the opening post is a little too ambiguous to give advice, don't get all the abc stuff, if you could expand on that with specifics it might help.. have you tried moving the unlocker file back to the folder you moved it from?

you moved the main folder to your hard drive ... from where? if from another drive, an undelete utility may get it back

is this a 3rd party .exe (if so give a link to it), or a .cmd or .bat file (if so, open it up in notepad and post the contents)

there are some batch files (with similar names) around that just hide the files from view from the windows interface rather than do any encryption, but they are still there, which is why I suggested that software which will find anything on the hd.

I've tried to be clear. I had one yellow folder, inside it was that locker thing used to hide/display, plus another yellow folder which contained some files I hid securely, or revealed again as needed.

I moved the 'main' yellow folder from one location on my hard drive to another.

Then inside it, I moved that locker (not unlocker) file icon - leaving the files folder itself- to another folder, to foolishly experiment.

The folder then vanished. I think it's actually hidden, but revealing all hidden files in the properties thing reveals nothing.

I have just downloaded ''Everything'' from the web and it seems to locate the file names in recycle bin, with a path of E: $Recycle Bin etc, but they're usually unseen?

6 hours ago, *Wallace* said:

I may be well off but have you done a search for the file and clicked show hidden files ?

Yes I have.

Edited by Electerrific
update

don't understand the question

what is e: a partition or external drive

if the missing files are in the recycle bin, right click, and restore them

Edited by fools