Putting Grit On Paths.

All these empty and missing grit bins  proves that who ever are in charge does not know what they  doing .

I'm surprised that no-one has trotted out the myth that you're somehow responsible if someone falls over outside your house if you grit.

Just now, soopah said:

I'm surprised that no-one has trotted out the myth that you're somehow responsible if someone falls over outside your house if you grit.

This may be the reason some people therefore dont bother.

7 hours ago, lobster said:

We have a grit bin in Greystones but has been empty for years

I think they were empty when I lived there 20 years back.

1 hour ago, cuttsie said:

All these empty and missing grit bins  proves that who ever are in charge does not know what they  doing .

I just grit mi teeth, and gerron wi it.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

31 minutes ago, Padders said:

I just grit mi teeth, and gerron wi it.

Tha knows how to slide a discussion .

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, jon&emma said:

Had to go to burncoss surgery last night in my wheelchair.

My wife had to hold on for dear life onto my wheelchair as the path was thick in icey snow.

Not one of the paths to the surgery had been gritted or cleared.

I can't believe no one would clear a path to the doctors of all places.

On Woodseats the worst place for ice is outside the Woodseats Medical Centre - anyone attending there has to walk on sheet ice that is also on a gradient to get to the door.  Also the pavement around there is sheet ice.

• Like 1

The priority for grit bins is 1) Councillor lives on your road 2) Rest can get stuffed as we haven't got enough grit

Guest busdriver1

The council in Rotherham have been very good, even to the point where a guy cam down our close and gritted all the footpaths and even peoples front paths. Cant fault them.

17 hours ago, geared said:

Council have been removing grit bins for ages, or only ever filling them once a year.

They fill them at the start of the winter and will replenish them if you tell them they are empty. Use this page to request filling. They do it pretty quickly when I report ours empty.

40 minutes ago, Planner1 said:

They fill them at the start of the winter and will replenish them if you tell them they are empty. Use this page to request filling. They do it pretty quickly when I report ours empty.

So why have they removed ours , The man in charge of gritting said in the Star newspaper there had never been one there . We sent him a photo ,  The councillors said they would get it put back two years ago , Its still not here , Its on a  old peoples estate as well as  invalids in local care . 

You will no doubt have a answer as per usual , all we know is that people are hurting them selves by sllpping and cars are. sliding on the hill .

Just now, cuttsie said:

So why have they removed ours , The man in charge of gritting said in the Star newspaper there had never been one there . We sent him a photo ,  The councillors said they would get it put back two years ago , Its still not here , Its on a  old peoples estate as well as  invalids in local care . 

You will no doubt have a answer as per usual , all we know is that people are hurting them selves by sllpping and cars are. sliding on the hill .

These are my own views and not part of any one else.  past or present ,  

1 hour ago, Planner1 said:

Hmmm... :huh:

I'm sure that comes as no surprise to anyone on here... :roll: