Putting Grit On Paths.

I was talking to my neighbour today. And she mentioned why don’t people grit their path outside their house. It will make it a lot easier for everyone. There are grit bins everywhere for the posties and elderly people with prams everyone will be very grateful.

We don't have a grit box near us.

I buy it and grit my drive, path and the path next door.

Our grit bin on Bevan Way was taken away by council , bloke in charge of gritting stated there had never been one there although it was plain to see on Google Earth , Pensioners slipping and hurting them self , cars skidding all over/'

Two councilors said they will get it put back , over two years  , Still no grit bin , people still getting hurt,

4 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

Our grit bin on Bevan Way was taken away by council , bloke in charge of gritting stated there had never been one there although it was plain to see on Google Earth , Pensioners slipping and hurting them self , cars skidding all over/'

Two councilors said they will get it put back , over two years  , Still no grit bin , people still getting hurt,

Had to go to burncoss surgery last night in my wheelchair.

My wife had to hold on for dear life onto my wheelchair as the path was thick in icey snow.

Not one of the paths to the surgery had been gritted or cleared.

I can't believe no one would clear a path to the doctors of all places.

Council have been removing grit bins for ages, or only ever filling them once a year.

• Like 1

People are lazy & selfish. We have one at the end of our street and only 1 person has used it and that was just outside their house. We have just moved and at my previous home gritted half of the street and all of the elderly neighbours fronts I guess where I am now, it is mainly young people who do not see the benefits of not slipping the ice. 

Me and my neighbour cleared and gritted the pavement in front of about 8 houses on Sunday as we live on a busy school street. It made a difference as the salt dries the pavement and there's not been any ice in this cold snap. The school close to use was like glass, and I gritted it myself from a local grit bin as my daughter said how dangerous it was. I can't believe the school caretaker didn't throw a few shovels full just to get it trodden into the ice to break it up to be honest.

29 minutes ago, jon&emma said:

Had to go to burncoss surgery last night in my wheelchair.

My wife had to hold on for dear life onto my wheelchair as the path was thick in icey snow.

Not one of the paths to the surgery had been gritted or cleared.

I can't believe no one would clear a path to the doctors of all places.

The gritting gaffer is to blame , he denied we had a grit bin , he even stated it in the Star newspaper .

As said councillors promised to put it back . they are full of crap .

• Like 1

2 hours ago, cuttsie said:

Exactly the same situation at our block of flats

• Like 1

Guest makapaka

We’ve got a grit bin - on a hill.

i do pavement outside ours and both neighbours everytime.

you’re right if everyone did same be sound.

need a grit bin though.

I have a bit of grit sand/ salt , approx 3 buckets full ( not much I know) any one wants it please message me. I live at Sheffield lane top.  I can't lift owt these days so I would be glad to get rid. It is all in one container.

We have a grit bin in Greystones but has been empty for years

• Like 1