Nearly 300 Homes Planned For Old Aerodrome

iansheff

16 minutes ago, bassett one said:

how much will these house be half a million each is my guess ,dream houses most cannot ever afford though,but great views

Great views to one side and the absolute lovely Norton Avenue t'other.

I'm alright where I am thanks 8)

Little Boxes by Pete Seeger - YouTube

Little Boxes - YouTube

Edited by Rockers rule
additional info

44 minutes ago, bassett one said:

pity it could not of been a hospital as its a long way to the old dated for most parts northern general ,did not mr boris say he was building lots of new hospitals? 

The gob sh*te said a lot of things :suspect:.

Or: He literally meant, just as his great Hero, Winston Churchill was known to have laid down a few bricks in his time, he was gonna have a go 

(Now he's some free time) :lol:.  

Keep safe out there 8) .

When family Zakes left RAF Lindholm, near Hatfield, Doncaster, my dad having been stationed there. We moved to our first civilian address, at Hackenthorpe, in 1960. I was 6 years old at the time. We had applied for a house at Sheffield Corporation. We moved in at Carter Lodge Drive a fortnight after applying. Anyroad, my dad was then posted to RAF Norton Aerodrome, where he served his final 2 or 3 years in the RAF. His daily journey was by bus, number 41 to Manor Top, then the Circular to the Aerodrome. How dad managed to get 3 stripes on his arm, god only knows lol. Dad once brought me from the base, a suitcase full of conkers.

Extra:

After having been born in Brunssum, in the Netherlands, I lived my first 5 years on various RAF camps in the northern part of western Germoney...                             
Geilenkirchen
Jever
Bad Zwischenahn

All these places I re-visited during the second half of the 70s, when I was hitch-hiking and working cash-in-hand, around Europe. I returned to Sheffield 17 years later having experienced personal tragedy, leaving me a broken man. It took me a good few years to recover from my sadness.

More extra:

Its about time a decision has been made to build houses on the old Aerodrome. I would have preferred a hospital to have been built on the site...one of the 40 hospitals promised by bungling Boris, the waffler.

In the 70s, Sheffield Kitchen Centre had a Depot/warehouse in the grounds of the former Aerodrome. Anybody remember them? I had a mate who used to work there.

• Like 1

On 17/11/2022 at 15:16, bassett one said:

at least we can use chesterfield hospital if available and i have found them top class,but i expect expensive houses and the cost of the removal of all the oil ect will cost a lot as well.

If you ring for ambulance for someone from up this end they still take them to NGH and not Chesterfield.

• Like 1

hi well i live on lowedges and mostly they ask as i think its nearer,my wifes had several trips there as also my son and daughter over the years,in fact when i have taken them there for treatment i always think how modern ,clean it is also a choice of cafes to suit all in there big spacious lounge while you wait,top class i always find,but a new one on the old air base would be good,but it will be expensive houses instead.

10 hours ago, foxydebs said:

If you ring for ambulance for someone from up this end they still take them to NGH and not Chesterfield.

On 23/11/2022 at 16:30, bassett one said:

hi well i live on lowedges and mostly they ask as i think its nearer,my wifes had several trips there as also my son and daughter over the years,in fact when i have taken them there for treatment i always think how modern ,clean it is also a choice of cafes to suit all in there big spacious lounge while you wait,top class i always find,but a new one on the old air base would be good,but it will be expensive houses instead.

I live on lowedges too and they have never asked us, always tolk us to NGH