Mullbery Tavern

Imagine my surprise when I walked into the new Yorkshireman . alias Mulberry Tavern ,  What a shock I got . Talk about a change from when I used to go in .  So . asked for a JD & Diet Coke & got a normal coke & couldn't drink it . Blokes in front so ****** they couldn't stand up . Women dressed like teenagers . BRING IT ON 

Excellent band too to top it off

• Like 1

How much for the drinks? Don't go in pubs these days so have lost touch.

12 hours ago, lavery549@yahoo said:

Imagine my surprise when I walked into the new Yorkshireman . alias Mulberry Tavern ,  What a shock I got . Talk about a change from when I used to go in .  So . asked for a JD & Diet Coke & got a normal coke & couldn't drink it . Blokes in front so ****** they couldn't stand up . Women dressed like teenagers . BRING IT ON 

Excellent band too to top it off

I can’t work out if you think it was a good or bad experience. Can you add more details to your review of your visit.

5 hours ago, carosio said:

How much for the drinks? Don't go in pubs these days so have lost touch.

Same here, I rarely go in a pub these days, I went to the Ridgeway Arms last month and was surprised when it was over £8 for a coke and a pint.

Anyone who's a regular pub/club go-er must have money to burn. In 2012 my employer held the Christmas do at the Hollywood Bowl and  a small bottle of Budweiser was £4.09p!

Guest makapaka
17 hours ago, carosio said:

Anyone who's a regular pub/club go-er must have money to burn. In 2012 my employer held the Christmas do at the Hollywood Bowl and  a small bottle of Budweiser was £4.09p!

A decent pub will charge £3.50 to £5 a pint on average I’d say dependent on what you’re drinking - you can pay a lot more or less depending on where you’re happy drinking,

17 hours ago, carosio said:

You would go drinking regularly at the Hollywood bowl though would you. Not surprised at the prices there. Same as when you go cinema etc 

No one yet commenting on their experiences in the New Yorkshireman.

As an older guy and pensioner, it's not my scene to frequent city centre establishments. From what I've read and heard, it doesn't appeal anyway unlike back in the "Old Days".  A venture along West St pubs (again on the firm's night out) put me off for good! Times change and each to his/her own.

Mick Lee landlord in the 60’s, good pub then.

It's called the Yorkshire Man but it's a poor substitute for the original unfortunately.

The first pub I ever went in in Sheffield was opposite the Mulberry Tavern, it had been called the Claymore but had had a refurb as a "wine bar" which was the trend in the 80's but I can't remember what it was called, it's since been demolished.

13 minutes ago, top4718 said:

The first pub I ever went in in Sheffield was opposite the Mulberry Tavern, it had been called the Claymore but had had a refurb as a "wine bar" which was the trend in the 80's but I can't remember what it was called, it's since been demolished.

Info on what became of the Claymore on this thread.

https://www.sheffieldforum.co.uk/topic/4122-info-regarding-the-quotclaymorequot/