Robot Armageddon

Guest sibon

According to the Times, we are on the brink of a robot judgement. I guess it makes a nice change from pandemics, incompetent government and economic crises.

Personally, I think a world where robots rule could be an improvement on this one.

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/a-third-of-scientists-fear-judgment-day-from-robots-sl28j2ts2

How big is your robot fear factor?

A robot would be a vast improvement on Lizz Truss.

It wont be long until there will be a far left group who claims that Robophobia is real so that they can claim that anyone that says anything bad about Robots is Robopobic and is using hate speech 🙄

They already have a flag 

17e31a681e7378e84587e2041783830cd320b209

Edited by Jack Grey

I'm not in favour of robot judgement, at least my wife takes a break when making meals and washing up.

Guest sibon
48 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

My Robot fear factor is zero.

Thank you for answering the question.

Mine too actually. Although I don’t like the way that various companies stalk me around the internet, is that robotic, or AI, I’m not sure.

My dog is terrified of robot lawnmowers.

I think it's a mixed bag.

There are some areas where automation, AI systems, etc, enhance life, increase efficiency and improve things for us all.

Some areas where they don't.

I think driverless cars for example; probably will drastically reduce number of deaths we have on our roads. What's not to like? On the flip side, will such automation make us even more lazy and inept than we typically are right now? (as we become ever more dependent on technology)

Edited by Waldo
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, sibon said:

Thank you for answering the question.

Mine too actually. Although I don’t like the way that various companies stalk me around the internet, is that robotic, or AI, I’m not sure.

AI.

All this talk about robots taking over is just a load of bull. I will start to listen to those so called experts once a robot it created that can act like a human, is not a load of pulleys and pistons, is self powering and dextrous enough to tighten up the loose screw in my glasses. 

Until then it's just this:

Edited by Dromedary
  • Like 1

I think tech, robots and virtual reality will be very big in future years.