Street Parties Queens Jubilee

On 20/05/2022 at 16:36, HeHasRisen said:

I assume you will be asking your employer not to be giving you the bonus bank holiday as part of your holiday allowance this year then, given you are utterly outraged about the whole thing?

If the price to pay is having to put up with fawning underlings, worshipping another human being just because of the family they were born into, then I'd happily give up the extra day off.

• Like 1

It's my belief that much will change with the death of the Queen, and IMO so it should.

But don't kid yourself that rank, wealth and privilege will become a thing of the past too. If anything it will make it worse. 

5 hours ago, Anna B said:

It's my belief that much will change with the death of the Queen, and IMO so it should.

But don't kid yourself that rank, wealth and privilege will become a thing of the past too. If anything it will make it worse. 

If you put it to a public vote today, for or against the Royals, I think the vote would be against so in 20 to 30 years to come they will hopefully be extinct.

On 17/05/2022 at 19:43, Mister M said:

People have an extra day off work.

Surely that's summat to smile about!

Not necessarily. If we are being given a day off work, it should be unconditional.  You shouldn't have to put up with this sycophantic nonsense on a day off work. 

Just now, blackydog said:

Not necessarily. If we are being given a day off work, it should be unconditional.  You shouldn't have to put up with this sycophantic nonsense on a day off work. 

You dont have to, is anyone holding a gun to your head and demanding you go to a party?

Its no different to Xmas Day. You dont have to have turkey and pull a cracker you know, you can sit in and be a miserable sod on your own.

On 19/05/2022 at 16:04, bassett one said:

yes thats the spirit and remember those that dont want to enjoy life,go for a walk,no point in being miserable and even if you dont like the queen,enjoy the days off and at the end of the day its party time enjoy

You mis-understand. It isn't about the queen personally. It is about the undemocratic nature of the way the head of state is chosen.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

You dont have to, is anyone holding a gun to your head and demanding you go to a party?

Its no different to Xmas Day. You dont have to have turkey and pull a cracker you know, you can sit in and be a miserable sod on your own.

It will be unavoidable and you know it, constantly on the TV and radio. Fawning royalist sycophants on every street corner, union flags hanging from every building. The dire national anthem on constantly.

I was invited to a party and I politely declined. I am capable of independent though unlike some.

3 minutes ago, blackydog said:

It will be unavoidable and you know it, constantly on the TV and radio. Fawning royalist sycophants on every street corner, union flags hanging from every building. The dire national anthem on constantly.

I was invited to a party and I politely declined. I am capable of independent though unlike some.

Will it?

As far as I am aware the only real events that are occuring on the Thursday and Friday are 1) Trooping the Colour thing, which will be on the BBC only and looks to be all done by 1pm Thursday that, and 2) some 8pm programme same day about lighting beacons.

Simply avoid BBC One and the news channels and your sanity will be saved. 

Edited by HeHasRisen

please note its not really a extra holiday as we have missed out on the whit may holiday weekend,so nowt extra guys

21 minutes ago, bassett one said:

please note its not really a extra holiday as we have missed out on the whit may holiday weekend,so nowt extra guys

It’s an extra Bank Holiday.

Spring Bank has been moved and the extra one added to create the 4 day weekend.

1 hour ago, bassett one said:

You really should fact check this 🤣

You do realise there are 2 Bank Holiday days next week instead of the usual 1, right?

Edited by HeHasRisen

Guest busdriver1
16 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

You really should fact check this 🤣

You do realise there are 2 Bank Holiday days next week instead of the usual 1, right?

Look they clearly have an agenda and want to belittle this. Let them be, they think they know whats going on and clearly dont. Lets not spoil their day eh?