Street Parties Queens Jubilee

My daughter has just told me that people on their street are organising a street party for the Queens Jubilee on Friday 3 June.  They are closing the street, the council have given permission, residents won't be allowed to park their cars after late morning. No consultation or anything... personally I'd tell them to do one. Anyone else having a similar experience?? 

Am I just a grumpy old git?

Thankfully I’m in France. At these times when patriotism is conflated with Monarchy I feel like a foreigner in my own country. YOU WILL celebrate the Queens jubilee, or whatever it is 

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, bungleboy69 said:

My daughter has just told me that people on their street are organising a street party for the Queens Jubilee on Friday 3 June.  They are closing the street, the council have given permission, residents won't be allowed to park their cars after late morning. No consultation or anything... personally I'd tell them to do one. Anyone else having a similar experience?? 

Am I just a grumpy old git?

Disgraceful people going out and enjoying themselves, the audacity.

Don't these people realize wars are being fought, cost of living is rising, pandemics are rife, and Sheffield Wednesday lost in the play offs.

Surely it should be against the law, at the very least they should receive a heavy fine if caught laughing..

I shall remain miserable throughout the celebrations, and if anyone insomuch smiles at me, I shan't hesitate to give them a grunt and a scowl..

Disgusting..

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Padders said:

Don't these people realize wars are being fought, cost of living is rising, pandemics are rife, and Sheffield Wednesday lost in the play offs.

Surely it should be against the law, at the very least they should receive a heavy fine if caught laughing..

I shall remain miserable throughout the celebrations, and if anyone insomuch smiles at me, I shan't hesitate to give them a grunt and a scowl..

Disgusting..

People have an extra day off work.

Surely that's summat to smile about!

29 minutes ago, Padders said:

Disgusting..

Padders for PM

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Not all people want to celebrate the queens milestone, how many years have we been subject to watching her living in the lap of luxury, I’ll give it a miss thank you.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, lazarus said:

Not all people want to celebrate the queens milestone, how many years have we been subject to watching her living in the lap of luxury, I’ll give it a miss thank you.

Carry on 

1 hour ago, Padders said:

Disgusting..

Tell the truth as to why you really won't be participating,  you will watching  Britains got talent,  :hihi:

I remember the Jubilee in the 70's, we weren't afraid to enjoy ourselves then and didn't have dull lefties whinging about everything, what a grey world it would be if we followed them.

• Sad 1

let people enjoy themselves,we are doing a kids party on thursday 2nd june,so enjoy thats what i say,also join them why not?

People are being encouraged to organise these events, and have been told that councils will look kindly on applications for street closures etc. I suppose nobody is forcing anyone to go if they don't want to, so there's a choice which should suit everybody. But is something which promotes community and neighbourliness necessarily a bad thing? 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, lazarus said:

And where would you be whilst watching her living in this lap of luxury?

That would be all the places she couldn’t go then!

Down the pub with friends?

Game of snooker?

Local café?

Local supermarket?
Just a normal walk in a normal street?…..

She spent her life  in a controlled environment.

Meetinng folks…..heads of states she possibly dint give a f##k about.

Dinner dates with (again) folks she was expected to…

No , tha’s wrong.

She promised a life of duty..and she’s given it.

And yes …I’ll celebrate and give thanks for her commitment.

Hoping she’s a few years yet.

• Thanks 3
  • Sad 1