Mortimer & Whitehouse xmas special

Foot and Mouth

I don't know if you're like me and find yourself 'blubbing' more at the emotional things on TV. I'm a fan of this program anyway, so you could say I'm converted. They have a fantasic camaraderie together. But this Xmas special surpassed itself, it was pure magic, funny, emotional, poignant, interesting all in one wonderful hour. The 'awards', Ted the Terrier, Gazza, the surprise performance of Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott (by the way catch them performing 'Good enough'; a song partially written by Paul and Bob that didn't make the edit for the BBC show on Youtube). Then the gift of the vinyl LP of Pauls mum singing that beautiful operatic song; Pauls expressions throughout. Then the cherry on the cake; the salmon at the end. TV gold, TV perfection. Watch it on catch up if you already haven't.

10 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

I find these two as funny as toothache same as Vic Rreves also unfunny imo. 

All to their own taste,Paul Whitehouse one of the funniest guys in last 20 years,some of Vic and Bob sketches have me in stitches,the Kes ones so funny.

Just watched this and thought it one of the best things on TV at the moment. 

I've never been interested in fishing and, I've never owned a dog but, we don't need to know anything about either of those things.

It's about comaraderie, two guys sharing common experiences in life i.e. health, careers, pastimes and families.

The dog Ted just adds to their comedy. It's poignant and funny, just a normal view of life without celebrety status.

Edited by DUFFEMS

1 hour ago, pattricia said:

I agree.

The funniest thing I saw  with Vic Reeves was on the English version of Hells kitchen and he walked up to Gordon Ramsey in a Michelin star restaurant and trying to be clever, asked Ramsey to do him Chips and Egg,  Ramsey went besrserk and sent Reeves packing, he made him look the big stupid kid he is,  after Ramsey's  Rollakin spelt with an R,  Reeves was left red faced :blush: and returned to his seat as quiet as a mouse.  Loved it. :hihi:

Edited by PRESLEY

5 hours ago, Foot and Mouth said:

I don't know if you're like me and find yourself 'blubbing' more at the emotional things on TV. I'm a fan of this program anyway, so you could say I'm converted. They have a fantasic camaraderie together. But this Xmas special surpassed itself, it was pure magic, funny, emotional, poignant, interesting all in one wonderful hour. The 'awards', Ted the Terrier, Gazza, the surprise performance of Paul Heaton & Jacqui Abbott (by the way catch them performing 'Good enough'; a song partially written by Paul and Bob that didn't make the edit for the BBC show on Youtube). Then the gift of the vinyl LP of Pauls mum singing that beautiful operatic song; Pauls expressions throughout. Then the cherry on the cake; the salmon at the end. TV gold, TV perfection. Watch it on catch up if you already haven't.

Agreed, one of the best programmes I've seen for a long time. We'd watched last year's the night before. Pity they had to film this 'Christmas Special' during the summer though - the trees in leaf sort of give it away.