New City Centre Park

5 hours ago, bassett one said:

we cannot maintain the parks we already have, why add costs

A long time ago when I was a kid there used to be the park ranger (I think that's' what they were called) used to patrol on their motorbikes, and turn up at places like the Drakehouse football pitches. Do the council still have people that patrol the parks like this?

47 minutes ago, iansheff said:

A long time ago when I was a kid there used to be the park ranger (I think that's' what they were called) used to patrol on their motorbikes, and turn up at places like the Drakehouse football pitches. Do the council still have people that patrol the parks like this?

No

2 hours ago, iansheff said:

I'm up for it :banana:.

Can still remember when fishing without a license, a shout of , Parkies coming . Tackle hid in bushes. When he went tackle out and carry on . Found out years later , didn’t need a license till we were 16 . ( Rockers , no jokes about tackle out please) 😀

12 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

Can I be the first dissenter?

Love the inner City Park plans, and have mentioned before how impressed we were with how the Furnival Gate landscaping looked.

But   - Yep there has to be a But.  Just who is the target for this new park?

Shoppers off the Moor or West Street, people with family's, office workers or just people already in the town centre?

Why would you trapes up or to this new park? 

Shoppers on the Moor are already catered for seating wise if they need a rest.

The Peace Gardens cater for the same and families with kids already have the water feature there.

So again who is the target market for this park?

Crookesey has mentioned anticipated high residential expectation for the City Centre, (unless your talking housing refugees in hotels) (Controversial :heyhey:) the truth is this type of town living is rarely family orientated and more likely to be young professionals without children.

Therefore just who are 'the Families' that are going to be attracted to this new inner City park? ones that will no doubt have a Park nearer to where they live already?

Can't see my Mam or any older person doing 'a bit of shopping' on't Moor then making their way up behind Charter row for a 'sit down'. 

The New Bus interchange is interesting. Just which buss's are actually going to make this 'Park' part of their route?

No, I'm not being entirely negative, I wish the new venture well, just don't understand who the new park is aimed at.

'Cycling' gets a mention, should be nice come summer, families, Shoppers and Lycra wearing Cyclist's (& Skate boarders) all sharing one space in perfect harmony :banana:

Keep safe 8)

People who live and those who work in the city centre presumably - as well as anyone else who fancies using it. 

Since last year more buses go down Carver Street, then turn right onto Division Street and left onto Rockingham Street. Not sure which buses, but a simple Google search will answer your question.

9 hours ago, Mister M said:

People who live and those who work in the city centre presumably - as well as anyone else who fancies using it. 

Since last year more buses go down Carver Street, then turn right onto Division Street and left onto Rockingham Street. Not sure which buses, but a simple Google search will answer your question.

Good morning Mister M.

I don't do public transport so  why would I want to google anything about buses :huh:  :heyhey:.

If the transport network arranges for the new interchange to be an integral part of the journey into town, spot on.

My point was more to do with the catchment area.

I really do wish the venture well.

Whoever designed the walkway, garden with the large stones at Charter row deserves a pat on the back.

The nod to Sheffield being part of the peak district with the standing stones is a particularly nice touch.

Keep safe 8)

Guest makapaka

Sounds a great idea. Well done Sheffield

Pound's Park? 

How long before it's renamed Central Park? 

Just another city centre drug infested space during darkness. Will SCC never learn? 

Would make it easier for the police to arrest them - if they could be bothered to get out of their cars

3 hours ago, sedith said:

Just another city centre drug infested space during darkness. Will SCC never learn? 

Well they've got to go somewhere....

1 hour ago, Mister M said:

Well they've got to go somewhere....

Well  let them use your garden