Virgin Bank

BigAl1

called in at he Virgin bank in Hillsborough wanting a mini statement for my account with them.

Nice lady behind the desk told me I could get one from the machine and being stupid (I thought ) I could not work out how. Went back to the desk and then when she saw I had a Virgin debit card she was apologetic saying I could not obtain a statement for my Virgin account from the Virgin ATM in a Virgin branch with a Virgin debit card and I needed her to print it off on her monitor

9 hours ago, BigAl1 said:

called in at he Virgin bank in Hillsborough wanting a mini statement for my account with them.

Nice lady behind the desk told me I could get one from the machine and being stupid (I thought ) I could not work out how. Went back to the desk and then when she saw I had a Virgin debit card she was apologetic saying I could not obtain a statement for my Virgin account from the Virgin ATM in a Virgin branch with a Virgin debit card and I needed her to print it off on her monitor

I`m a bit confused at what the issue was. I am assuming you wanted the mini statement for a current account. There is a Virgin bank in Rotherham (ex Yorks bank) and I can go to the cash point machine outside or the one inside the bank and get a mini statement. Are the virgin banks not all the same in this respect?  

Edited by Janus
Additional info

15 hours ago, HeHasRisen said:

There are loads of others now. Monzo, Starling, Chase to name just three. 

Don't want app based account

11 hours ago, Janus said:

I`m a bit confused at what the issue was. I am assuming you wanted the mini statement for a current account. There is a Virgin bank in Rotherham (ex Yorks bank) and I can go to the cash point machine outside or the one inside the bank and get a mini statement. Are the virgin banks not all the same in this respect?  

Yes all I wanted is a mini statement for my current account.

Clearly not all Virgin Banks are the same because I could not do this at the Hillsborough branch and I was told the reason was because I had a Virgin debit card (could do other normal business just not get the statement)

15 hours ago, Janus said:

It sounds like that branch has not fully transferred all the services from YB to Virgin.

Genius would never have guessed that

I was simply amused by the fact that in a Virgin bank having a virgin debit card was the problem

I had a bank loan with Yorkshire bank just as it was taken over by Virgin.

I have just paid this off and enquired about another loan, to be told that I can only apply for a loan by using their telephone app.

I bank on line but have been told the app is the only option. I have informed them I will be moving my accounts.To get a settlement figure I  had to contact them four times.