Snowflakes Get Sheffield Date Of Roy Chubby Brown Tour Axed

2 hours ago, PRESLEY said:

I heard Manning  caused a riot at the Dial house club years ago, winding and goading United and Wednesday fans,  horrible bloke.  :gag:

& not forgetting the Bernard Manning "I've filled venues in Las Vegas - what have you done?" rant at Richard Wilson.

2 hours ago, the_bloke said:

This was my point in an earlier post. To cancel a booked act due to concerns around inclusivity just means that they didn't care about inclusivity when they booked it.

SCT should now go ahead and publish a list of what is acceptable and what isn't and only book acts that meet the 'inclusivity' criteria. The reality is that they have no list and cancelling this show was a kneejerk response to a complaint, and future acts that perform risky comedy will continue to be booked.

Jimmy Carr makes jokes about paedophilia and rape. SCT obviously considers that his show meets the standards and values it desires at it's venues, as he plays the City Hall next year.

This is a very good point, I've heard Jimmy Carr make a joke about sexually abusing a disabled under age boy, are the City Hall Trust saying these jokes are acceptable to them as they've not stopped him from playing, they are going down a very slippery slope with this, I'm pleased to see the petition got such good response I last saw him about 25 years ago and for a beery night out I enjoyed it, he's not my cup of tea these days but he obviously still has an audience. From the look of things he does a lot of charity work but that will be overlooked by the torch bearing cancel brigade.

Well then, I know that comedy is subjective but surely it's time to question Chief executive of Sheffield City Trust, Andrew Snelling & the likes of Coun. Terry Fox & have them explain as to why Brown is objectionable but the likes of Carr, is acceptable. 

One of the more enlightening replies in full.

"we don't want to see woman being gunned down in Afghanistan, is Sheffield council going to cancel that as well"

Guest busdriver1

In an interview on Radio Humberside today Chubby says he cant understand the ban, he has been filling the same venue for 30 years. Like I said previously he has encountered booking problems in the South Yorkshire area in the past. Looks like we now know where certain people have gone. The background to this is in his book.

On 02/09/2021 at 18:37, busdriver1 said:

online petition now going

https://chng.it/62VzbvBwjt

With my wife and my 'grown up' step children we've seen Chubby Brown the last 2 times he's played at the City Hall.

Are you all judging him on how he used to be in the 80's at Roxy's ? YES YOU ARE.

He's still close to the bone but if you'd actually seen him recently you'd realise there is a lot of money raised for charities these days.

I don't like ABBA, so I don't listen to there music or go to there concerts.

If you don't like a good comedian, don't go to see Chubby Brown.

Petition signed.

Alice ?

Alice ?

10 hours ago, Rockers rule said:

& not forgetting the Bernard Manning "I've filled venues in Las Vegas - what have you done?" rant at Richard Wilson.

Its a wonder Richard Wilson didn't go into character using his favourite catch phrase,  " I don't believe it"  :hihi:

4 hours ago, iansheff said:

They have the story on MSN saying "hate filled gig cancelled"  almost 600 comments up to now and it has only been on for 6 hours.

Comedian Roy Chubby Brown’s ‘hate filled’ gig has been cancelled - here’s how people are reacting (msn.com)

From the article "a protest is also set to take place outside the venue on the 10th September, according to the petition".

Quite possibly this could be the funniest thing associated with chubby brown over the last decade!!!

7 minutes ago, tinfoilhat said:

From the article "a protest is also set to take place outside the venue on the 10th September, according to the petition".

Quite possibly this could be the funniest thing associated with chubby brown over the last decade!!!

Why, are you going?

1 minute ago, top4718 said:

Why, are you going?

I'm not associated with chubby brown, or indeed a supporter of him. You going?

Guest sibon
49 minutes ago, top4718 said:

Why, are you going?

I am.

I’ll be taking some apple sauce with me.