Haymarket/Castlegate - Will It Improve?

37 minutes ago, St Petre said:

In it's heyday the Gun was one of the best pubs (drinks, customers and furnishings). The best times for me was when Ken Cooney was owner/landlord. I think moved to Dore around 1987 but I had moved away from Sheffield by then.

I was in there a month ago . One of the few places that still do Stones bitter , now just the Norfolk Dixon Lane and the( Frog and Parrot on Division Street rip off prices ) .

Once all the proper pubs have gone then a part of English heritage goes with them .

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, cuttsie said:

I was in there a month ago . One of the few places that still do Stones bitter , now just the Norfolk Dixon Lane and the( Frog and Parrot on Division Street rip off prices ) .

Once all the proper pubs have gone then a part of English heritage goes with them .

When I first went in Gun, early 1966, on Friday and Saturday nights there was not a badly dressed customer in there , even had a Tuxedoed white gloved waiter! (well, best room the one on the right), men in suits and ties and no Demin in sight. It was a 'Free house' then and one choice they had was Newcastle Brown on draught. All of that not bad for a Sheffield 3 pub.

2 hours ago, St Petre said:

When I first went in Gun, early 1966, on Friday and Saturday nights there was not a badly dressed customer in there , even had a Tuxedoed white gloved waiter! (well, best room the one on the right), men in suits and ties and no Demin in sight. It was a 'Free house' then and one choice they had was Newcastle Brown on draught. All of that not bad for a Sheffield 3 pub.

It is such a shame how society is declining to an extent many people no longer have any pride in their appearance. Some women in the pub wear leggings and a vest, as though they are in a gym and the men in jogging bottoms and Stone Island shirts. It's not a good look at all and shows that they have no respect for their surroundings. I have seen the smokers outside Plusnet office, wearing jeans, trainers Tshirts, it's a poor image for the business. 

Yes I really worry about what people in call centres wear. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

It is such a shame how society is declining to an extent many people no longer have any pride in their appearance. Some women in the pub wear leggings and a vest, as though they are in a gym and the men in jogging bottoms and Stone Island shirts. It's not a good look at all and shows that they have no respect for their surroundings. I have seen the smokers outside Plusnet office, wearing jeans, trainers Tshirts, it's a poor image for the business. 

Women's gym wear has become everyday wear

But who is complaining cause bums look great in yoga pants

A walk around ASDA is a lovely experience now and they don't smell like sweat and ass's anymore 

Edited by Jack Grey

50 minutes ago, Jack Grey said:

A walk around ASDA is a lovely experience now and they don't smell like sweat and ass's anymore 

Why don't they smell any more?

9 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Irene: Some of those  people have never been -after school days - in a gym, anymore than they could they spell it!

Edited by St Petre
spell
  • Like 1

Just now, St Petre said:

Some of those  people have never been -after school days - in a gym, anymore than they could they spell it!

That's true! And these middle class students that dress like chavs couldn't bang out a fly.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Irene Swaine said:

Because they don't actually go to the gym.....they just wear it around ASDA

Gym wear has become the new leggings or pjs 

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

The ones that wear size appropriate ones maybe. 

Some wearers, who are obviously kidding themselves, bought a pair 3-4 sizes too small to the point that the garments are so stretched they're almost shear. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Jack Grey said:

Some bums look good in yoga pants . Some of the things I’ve seen in yoga pants defy physics . How someone could make something that stretchy that it goes transparent 

• Thanks 1