Sheffield United V Relegation

20 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

My wife plays squash with the wife of the guy that deals with player registrations  at United. Apparently at least 9 players are leaving at the end of the season 

some are expected already - the likes of Simon Moore, Ethan Ampadu, John Lundstram, Jack Rodwell and Luke Freeman.  There are 5 for starters.  Add another keeper (we have 4 senior keepers at present), and you can see that (even without counting youth players being released) 9 is a small number when you are looking at restructuring at the end of a relegation season.  We've all got our ideas of who we'd rather lose, and in addition we know that our prize assets are covetted by many, so expect a very large turnaround before next season kicks off.

1 hour ago, MJ01 said:

My wife plays squash with the wife of the guy that deals with player registrations  at United. Apparently at least 9 players are leaving at the end of the season 

That's another reason why Sheffield United will find it near impossible to get straight back up into the Premier league....

8 hours ago, Box11 said:

The team will be sold off and CW has probably been told that.....

If that happens then I'd expect him gone. Losing one, maybe two players probably wouldn't be a deal breaker for him so I'd say he'll stay if it was just two. 

17 hours ago, MJ01 said:

That's not unusual it all depends on which players.

17 hours ago, Box11 said:

The team will be sold off and CW has probably been told that.....

Unless he's telling lies he clearly hasn't been told one way or the other.

5 hours ago, Alextopman said:

That's not unusual it all depends on which players.

Unless he's telling lies he clearly hasn't been told one way or the other.

I'll say it again, United have a huge loan (believed to be £80m) that has to be paid off in two years, the chairman doesn't have money, it will be a firesale to get the wage bill down.

3 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

I'll say it again, United have a huge loan (believed to be £80m) that has to be paid off in two years, the chairman doesn't have money, it will be a firesale to get the wage bill down.

Source? 

Just now, Moistened said:

Source? 

Check out Kieran Maguire on Twitter, the info can also be found on Companies House website, the money was borrowed from Oz company Maquarie Group, the repayments were based on future Premier League income.

10 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

Check out Kieran Maguire on Twitter, the info can also be found on Companies House website, the money was borrowed from Oz company Maquarie Group, the repayments were based on future Premier League income.

Fair, I do recall a loan being taken out on promotion to the PL, or it may have been at the end of last season, I'd have to look it up. 

I'd imagine it's not to all be paid at once, and with parachute payments, and the selling of a decent number of players this season, we should be fine. I'd be looking to move Berge on, he simply doesn't fit our play style, and if we can get back what we paid, I'd take it. 

Another 7 or 8 should hopefully be offloaded, bringing in a chunk. 

Next season is extremely unpredictable, always is for relegated sides. On paper we'd have a very good Championship side, but we could easily fall flat.

Best case scenario we do a Norwich, but I wouldn't be surprised if we did a Stoke. 

Edited by Moistened

18 minutes ago, Brooker11 said:

If what you're saying is true United get far more than that even for coming bottom also they get parachute money but like I said "If".....You may also know that players have it written into their contracts regarding wage reductions in case of relegation.

22 hours ago, MJ01 said:

Ha ha classic stuff.  

I'm not being funny, but there isn't a cat in hells chance that with so many games to go....that the retained list and the potential movers and shakers have been decided.

so it wasn't announced a month ago that Berge was leaving......don't be so naive

2 minutes ago, MJ01 said:

I'm not being funny, but there isn't a cat in hells chance that with so many games to go....that the retained list and the potential movers and shakers have been decided.

so it wasn't announced a month ago that Berge was leaving......don't be so naive

I'm laughing at the number of times I have read "my mate is a taxi driver, and guess what he overheard" or recently one was someone stood in a queue at a supermarket, and the bloke in front of him was on the phone, talking about players, it's always third hand and none of it ever usually pans out.

I am not being naive,  it's my job not be (in the real world, away from here),  I am sure things are in motion for who is staying and who can go.