The Labour Party - Part 2

16 minutes ago, melthebell said:

errrm where did labour go? dont think this thread meant manual labour? Oo

Why not put your case in English don,t understand what you are on about be a man and say what you mean   

22 minutes ago, Slinny said:

Why not put your case in English don,t understand what you are on about be a man and say what you mean   

LOL, theres always one sigh

THIS THREAD IS ABOUT THE LABOUR PARTY, why are you all talking about bricklaying?

anaaayway, back to The Labour Party, a speech by Rachel reeves' speech about forthcoming energy price rises

2 hours ago, Slinny said:

Hi you lift hod off shoulder. And bring them down . Twelve is what I used to put in so you could bond top eight thirteen would not bond right for me  some would say feather them out and and you can get lots in.  But if you just tiled therm  out you would have to stack them again ,waste. Of time , I tried all sorts off tricks if on day work , but you were on price and with bricklayers who could move them fast andidid own scaffolding and mixing  then you would have no time at all I did not like bricklayers putting tools down you were loosing money  I did that job a long time always got same money as bricklayers  , if carrier was no good wages went down   Some say I did that job asked how long  oh about three weeks .  Got more sense some would say  well I liked my job and people around me most off the time .

I realised 13 bricks were never loaded in the hod.

I carried 11 or 12 at times.

Some of the bonus boys used to slide down the ladder with their hands and inside of their feet on the side of the ladder.

Hi just to put you right I answered someone who asked about that subject  l a a labour voter son.  Daughter  wife. Father mother grandfather great grandfather all labour voters and send subscription to party . Just so you know and proud off it . But do. Not want to go on this so called  threads about it  just a worker had no time for it  thank you .

3 hours ago, Slinny said:

Hi just to put you right I answered someone who asked about that subject  l a a labour voter son.  Daughter  wife. Father mother grandfather great grandfather all labour voters and send subscription to party . Just so you know and proud off it . But do. Not want to go on this so called  threads about it  just a worker had no time for it  thank you .

Don't get pulled in Slinney .there are some slimey people who think they are big time Charley's .

You can give em a ten break .

5 hours ago, Slinny said:

It was me that got talking about hod carrying and so don’t worry about remarks about going off thread.

Thank you for putting me right some guys are just wind up merchants . And I think I found one ,

What's happening to Labour in council by-elections?

Last night its vote in each of the five by-elections it fought was down, by an average of >10%.

Surely it should be sweeping aside the Tories in by-elections like the one below?

Ancoats & Beswick (Manchester) council by-election result:

LDEM: 53.2% (+31.0)
LAB: 37.9% (-20.6)
GRN: 5.7% (-5.3)
CON: 3.2% (-5.2)

Votes cast: 2,091

Liberal Democrat GAIN from Labour.

Spital (Tamworth) council by-election result:

CON: 43.6% (-5.4)
IND: 34.3% (+34.3)
LAB: 22.1% (-10.4)

Votes cast: 1,406

Conservative HOLD.

Berkhamsted West (Dacorum) council by-election result:

LDEM: 64.1% (+13.9)
CON: 22.1% (-5.6)
GRN: 9.0% (-5.8)
LAB: 4.8% (-2.5)

Votes cast: 1,441

Liberal Democrat HOLD.

Evington (Leicester) council by-election result:

LAB: 38.8% (-15.4)
CON: 34.4% (+12.9)
LDEM: 20.7% (+12.5)
GRN: 5.0% (-7.1)
FBM: 1.1% (+1.1)

Votes cast: 4,014

Labour HOLD.

Boxmoor (Dacorum) council by-election result:

LDEM: 60.5% (+18.3)
CON: 27.5% (-4.3)
LAB: 7.8% (-6.2)
GRN: 4.2% (-7.8)

Votes cast: 2,181

Liberal Democrat HOLD.

3 minutes ago, alchresearch said:

What's happening to Labour in council by-elections?

Last night its vote in each of the five by-elections it fought was down, by an average of >10%.

Surely it should be sweeping aside the Tories in by-elections like the one below?

Ancoats & Beswick (Manchester) council by-election result:

LDEM: 53.2% (+31.0)
LAB: 37.9% (-20.6)
GRN: 5.7% (-5.3)
CON: 3.2% (-5.2)

Votes cast: 2,091

Liberal Democrat GAIN from Labour.

Spital (Tamworth) council by-election result:

CON: 43.6% (-5.4)
IND: 34.3% (+34.3)
LAB: 22.1% (-10.4)

Votes cast: 1,406