The Labour Party - Part 2

47 minutes ago, Dromedary said:

But Boris didn't actually lie to the Queen despite what the media makes out. It was the privy council members at a meeting with the Queen that asked the Queen to prorogue parliament not Johnson. It was later found that the legal advice given to Johnson by the attorney general was flawed which is what the privy council based their decision on.

May be the Met should send him a questionaire to fill in, he will say no one told him it was a party :)

2 hours ago, El Cid said:

My assertion is not whether or not Bercow was/is a bully, but other bullies have not been banned.

https://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/boris-johnson-priti-patel-bullying-b1956424.html

Very good point. 

Now that Labour have rightly suspended Bercow from the Labour Party after an official investigation into Bercow's behaviour; why won't Tories do the right thing and suspend Patel for bullying her staff after an official investigation found that she was guilty of the same thing as Bercow?

6 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Very good point. 

Now that Labour have rightly suspended Bercow from the Labour Party after an official investigation into Bercow's behaviour; why won't Tories do the right thing and suspend Patel for bullying her staff after an official investigation found that she was guilty of the same thing as Bercow?

I think (dont shoot) that Bercows offending was considered to be far more serious 

1 minute ago, hackey lad said:

I think (dont shoot) that Bercows offending was considered to be far more serious 

What makes you think that?

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

What makes you think that?

Look at what the panel said about Bercow 

Just now, hackey lad said:

Look at what the panel said about Bercow 

Look at what Johnson said in his introduction to the Ministerial Code; and tradition states that when a Minister breaches this code, they have to go. 

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Look at what Johnson said in his introduction to the Ministerial Code; and tradition states that when a Minister breaches this code, they have to go. 

Well the Independent Expert Panel gave their findings and decision 

9 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Well the Independent Expert Panel gave their findings and decision 

So did Sir Alex Allen

1 minute ago, Mister M said:

So did Sir Alex Allen

Not wanting to argue but the bit of his statement that stands out for me is " even if unintentionally" , whereas the report on Bercow was far more damning 

6 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not wanting to argue but the bit of his statement that stands out for me is " even if unintentionally" , whereas the report on Bercow was far more damning 

She 'unintentionally bullied' staff across several departments???

That she lacks so much self awareness should be worrying in itself. 

I agree that Bercow should've gone. Now that the report into his behaviour has been published after he has left high office makes the debate somewhat academic. Priti Patel is still in high office, in spite of her lack of self awareness into her bullying behaviour. And you think she should stay?

Edited by Mister M

9 minutes ago, Mister M said:

She 'unintentionally bullied' staff across several departments???

That she lacks so much self awareness should be worrying in itself. 

I agree that Bercow should've gone. Now that the report into his behaviour has been published after he has left high office makes the debate somewhat academic. Priti Patel is still in high office, in spite of her lack of self awareness into her bullying behaviour. And you think she should stay?

Not up to me but got to say , I dont like her 

10 minutes ago, hackey lad said:

Not up to me but got to say , I dont like her 

Her previous boss Theresa May wouldn't put up with her nonsense, that's why she sacked her. 

Johnson on the other hand....