The Conservative Party - Part Two.

51 minutes ago, PRESLEY said:

My God this is hard to say,  there are  far more better people in the Tory Party who would have been far more suitable for PM position and a done a far better job rather than Johnson.  The thing that really bugs me is, some people on the Forum know this but can't admit it, ridiculous.  On reading some of Anna B's post, I am starting to see Starmer in a different light, I don't think he is that intouch with the ordinary man/woman in the street, I'm now leaning towards someone like Andy Burnham,  see I can admit I was wrong about Starmer but some annoying Tories can't/won't admit they were wrong about Johnson.

wish people would stop living in fantasy land, Burnham cant become leader of the labour party if he wanted to and hes previously said he doesnt

43 minutes ago, melthebell said:

wish people would stop living in fantasy land, Burnham cant become leader of the labour party if he wanted to and hes previously said he doesnt

Very true. 👍 TBH I dont think he would make a good PM either.

2 hours ago, melthebell said:

My apologies Mel,   just wishful thinking.

• Like 1

Guest sibon
16 minutes ago, West 77 said:

To be fair it wasn't a daft suggestion.  There will be by elections and Andy Burnham would be a good Labour candidate to represent them and if he was elected he would be eligible to stand for the Labour leadership.

That is all way in the future. He would need to be elected to parliament, then there would have to be a leadership contest. That would require the sitting Labour MPs to trigger a contest.

They are all far too busy laughing their heads off at the mess that the Tories are in, to even contemplate doing that at the moment.

4 hours ago, sibon said:

That is all way in the future. He would need to be elected to parliament, then there would have to be a leadership contest. That would require the sitting Labour MPs to trigger a contest.

They are all far too busy laughing their heads off at the mess that the Tories are in, to even contemplate doing that at the moment.

Well we are in this mess , so who will get us out off it , dont be snidy don’t put the blame on just Johnson , most off the cabinet as made bad decisions , , put it in reality we need a change .. I know lots don’t want labou,r  but going on what I can see , things are only going to get worse , ,  40 thousand going on strike , ,at least 300 food banks what should the ordinary man do stop eating , basic pay well under cost off living , , live in the real world , ,this is not united and sheffield Wednesday this is a real problem . , the rich will also have to  have less as much as they will  not like it,    Get real  , 

15 hours ago, West 77 said:

It's hardly crystal ball gazing comparing the Tory situation a year ago as it is today.  The truth is a year ago  Starmer in his wildest dreams wouldn't have believed the Tory party would be in such a mess.

More crystal ball gazing...

As they say - hindsight is 20:20

Look back at your predictions... your track record is almost worse than Boris'

11 hours ago, West 77 said:

Boris was the only Tory MP who could get the support from the electorate to get Brexit done which is why he was chosen to lead the party and be prime minister.  I don't disagree that there are more suitable Tory MPs than Boris to be prime minister but any Tory party leader needs to have the ability to win general elections otherwise the Tory party will not remain in government. 

Starmer is unsuitable to be prime minister because he wanted to cheat the electorate out of their democratic choice to leave the EU.  It was Starmer when Corbyn was Labour party leader who was responsible for their position regarding Brexit which was to have a second EU referendum without the option to leave without a deal. He also wanted to allow EU citizens living in the UK to vote in the referendum.  The public need to be reminded about what a dishonest man Starmer is.

Nope - the electorate didn't get to choose which lying, sexist, racist  PM we had - only the privileged south of England, home counties CONservative members did...

I don't recollect Starmer trying to cheat the electorate out of Brexit, he just wanted to have what was promised by the Russian mafia backed Leave campaign - where is the £350M side of the bus that was promised for the NHS??? An NHS that is now in dire straits due to Brexit and the lies of Leave and Boris?

3 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I seem to remember you predicting a second brexit referendum..... Mmmmm

10 minutes ago, Litotes said:

I don't recollect Starmer trying to cheat the electorate out of Brexit....

Let me just remind you then... He quit as shadow junior minister under Saint Jeremy and then returned to the Labour front bench a few months later as shadow brexit secretary. He then campaigned for four years to mitigate the result, campaigned against a no deal brexit and also for a second confirmatory vote on the referendum.

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2022/jul/04/is-it-a-u-turn-what-keir-starmer-has-said-about-brexit-redress-labour

Edited by Dromedary

8 hours ago, Litotes said:

But what are we going to do about it , you won’t solve  it by. Making more things private. Such as n h s ,   More private care homes. Rail ways  :council maintenance. and so on .just making the rich richer, bigger bonus for directors   ,people have fell for it ,  but surely they will see the light,   After the war they saw what they had to go back to ,  they did not , and I think it will happen again ,   Just plain talking . 

1 hour ago, Magilla said:

Liz Truss failed in her role at the Foreign Office:

How should the Foreign Office change now?

https://www.instituteforgovernment.org.uk/publications/foreign-commonwealth-development-office

Just been watching news energy companies making massive profits then they tell you bills going up in winter ,then telling you to conserve on energy ,   Why don’t they cut down on profits I bet truss or sumac or what ever don’t do much shouting about that , 

• Like 1