The Conservative Party - Part Two.

1 hour ago, Zinger549 said:

So apparently were going to burn 4 billion pounds worth of unusable PPE and Sunak has waisted 11 billion on paying interest on debt.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-61754394

Good heavens all those billions of pounds "spaffed up the wall"

I remember the bru hah hah on here when Gordon Brown sold the gold at the wrong time. I wonder if the same people complaining at the time, will be on here complaining this time.

Anyway the Daily Mail are running the story so there are no excuses: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10903181/Rishi-Sunak-lost-UK-11BILLION-failing-insure-huge-debt-stocks.html

1 hour ago, Anna B said:

No personal offence intended. The small family run homes were often good, but I thnk they're very rare now. What happened to your care home? Is it still a family concern in private hands, or has it been taken over by one of the bigger companies?

No we retired but would never sell it as a business we worked for family and community services, people were very happy with the service use and many others provided. In the late 80s all clients had placements were they went out to employment that kept them active that was tAken away reduced from 4or 5 days down to 1or 2=if you know anything about people with learning problems you will know most structures 

2 hours ago, Mister M said:

I remember the bru hah hah on here when Gordon Brown sold the gold at the wrong time. I wonder if the same people complaining at the time, will be on here complaining this time.

Anyway the Daily Mail are running the story so there are no excuses: https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-10903181/Rishi-Sunak-lost-UK-11BILLION-failing-insure-huge-debt-stocks.html

Another £31 billion on top of that due to the B thing.

https://www.itv.com/news/2022-06-09/brexit-cost-the-uk-billions-in-lost-trade-and-tax-revenues-research-finds

4 hours ago, Mister M said:

He's in good company, maybe it's a competition?

What with the time bojo bought water cannons they never used

And the ferries that didn't exist during the brexit fiasco

1 hour ago, melthebell said:

He's in good company, maybe it's a competition?

What with the time bojo bought water cannons they never used

And the ferries that didn't exist during the brexit fiasco

Along with supposedly being the party of law & order (which is laughable given that No 10 Downing Street was the most fined address in the UK for Covid breaches); the party of personal responsibility (where Johnson hasn't demonstrated anything of the kind); now the party's complete mess made with public finances proves they're not even sound custodians of the nation's money. What is left that the Tories can say they stand for? Anything that Johnson and his inept cronies can get away with by the looks of it!

No wonder news has just broken that the Tory parliamentary rebels are going to have another go at getting rid of Bodge Jobson:

Tory rebels in new plot to oust Boris Johnson in event of double by-election defeat (inews.co.uk)

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Mister M said:

Along with supposedly being the party of law & order (which is laughable given that No 10 Downing Street was the most fined address in the UK for Covid breaches); the party of personal responsibility (where Johnson hasn't demonstrated anything of the kind); now the party's complete mess made with public finances proves they're not even sound custodians of the nation's money. What is left that the Tories can say they stand for? Anything that Johnson and his inept cronies can get away with by the looks of it!

No wonder news has just broken that the Tory parliamentary rebels are going to have another go at getting rid of Bodge Jobson:

Tory rebels in new plot to oust Boris Johnson in event of double by-election defeat (inews.co.uk)

Bodge Jobson lol, very good

3 hours ago, Mister Gee said:

Watch out, you'll be accused of being undemocratic for highlighting the failings of this government and the failure of Brexit!🙈

• Haha 1

23 minutes ago, Mister M said:

I think you need to read that article as it is just full of assumptions and not facts. First it states that Boris just scraped through with the vote of confidence when he in fact got 211 votes for as opposed to 148 against, which is hardly scraping through. That in itself is a measure of the bias. It then assumes a double defeat in the local elections will happen to whip up support for a confidence vote. It then assumes that it will go against Boris but then states the result is also non-binding as well. 

News at its worst

2 hours ago, Dromedary said:

I think you need to read that article as it is just full of assumptions and not facts. First it states that Boris just scraped through with the vote of confidence when he in fact got 211 votes for as opposed to 148 against, which is hardly scraping through. That in itself is a measure of the bias. It then assumes a double defeat in the local elections will happen to whip up support for a confidence vote. It then assumes that it will go against Boris but then states the result is also non-binding as well. 

News at its worst

I think you're reading a different article to me - in the first line it says "should the Wakefield and Tiverton and Honiton by-elections be lost", so no assumption of a double defeat there.

211/148 is worse than May and she was out very soon after, so it isn't an overwhelming win.

And the irony is that the ruling that they may try use, was first 'discovered' by Brexiteers, who had no compunction about planning to use it against May.

No bias, just standard media reporting.

2 hours ago, Dromedary said:

News at its worst

What is and isn't scraping through is open to interpretation. 

Of the recent leaders of the Conservative Party to go through votes of confidence:  Thatcher won by 52; Duncan Smith lost the confidence vote by 15 votes; May won by 83 votes  (which at the time Jacob Rees Mogg said "was a very bad result); and Johnson won by 63 votes. Though like Thatcher, May was soon out of power. So it's not about bias, it's just counting.

No we don't know the results of the forthcoming elections, but the journalist didn't say that he did. He's simply reporting what sources in the rebel camp have told him what rebels are thinking if Johnson loses the by elections. 

The last bit of your complaint deals with a a rarely-used rule of the Tory constitution. If that could be used, it would be unprecedented and would further undermine Johnson.

So no, it isn't news at its worst. You might view it as such because you don't like what it is saying, which is a different kettle of fish.

Edited by Mister M

Early General Election or Snap Election.

Facts Johnson won his confidence vote but 41% voted against him. The Mirror newspaper did a list of MPs who were likely to vote against him one name caught my attention this was Steve Baker a member of the European Research Group this group comprises of hard right Brexiteers who want an even harder Brexit than the one we have now. Not so long ago in Question Time Steve Baker asked  Johnson a question over something Johnson replied as if Baker was his boss I found this odd after all Johnson is meant to be the head of government.

The ERG do not like the Brexit deal that was signed especially the Northern Ireland Protocol even more to the point the European Court of Justice role in the Protocol. NI is still in the Single Market for goods so the border was put in the sea. No hard border on land could be done due to the Belfast Agreement. The ERG want the Protocol scrapped Johnson knows this is not a good idea taking on 27 countries that make up the European Union pulse the United States who are involved in the Belfast Agreement could lead to a trade war that the UK can not win no country in the world can. Shortages would much worse economic damage would be massive. Northern Ireland economy has recoved from the pandemic shock faster than the rest of the UK it shows the benefits of been in the Single Market and a case for the rest of UK to rejoin the S.M.

Johnson is backed into a corner go a long  with the ERG plan could see a big Tory rebellion plus struggle to get this plan though the House of Lords true the Act of Parliament of 1911 could be used but the international and nation backlash would be huge. Johnson himself despite the Brexit image does not have anything against the EU only did so to gain power and personally is happy to go along with the Protocol. Then the other side of the coin he goes against ERG they could find a way to remove him perhaps Steve Baker was giving Johnson a tap on the shoulder when voting to keep Johnson or not. 

Johnson could take a third option call an early general election it's a away out risky yes but if Johnson wins he regains his authority even if we have an hung parliament and the Torys have a supply and demand agreement with DUP this would suit the ERG too. If he loses he walks away with a  pension and profitable career in talks and drinks circuit. 

Edited by GabrielC

21 minutes ago, GabrielC said:

Early General Election or Snap Election.

Facts Johnson won his confidence vote but 41% voted against him. The Mirror newspaper did a list of MPs who were likely to vote against him one name caught my attention this was Steve Baker a member of the European Research Group this group comprises of hard right Brexiteers who want an even harder Brexit than the one we have now. Not so long ago in Question Time Steve Baker asked  Johnson a question over something Johnson replied as if Baker was his boss I found this odd after all Johnson is meant to be the head of government.

The ERG do not like the Brexit deal that was signed especially the Northern Ireland Protocol even more to the point the European Court of Justice role in the Protocol. NI is still in the Single Market for goods so the border was put in the sea. No hard border on land could be done due to the Belfast Agreement. The ERG want the Protocol scrapped Johnson knows this is not a good idea taking on 27 countries that make up the European Union pulse the United States who are involved in the Belfast Agreement could lead to a trade war that the UK can not win no country in the world can. Shortages would much worse economic damage would be massive. Northern Ireland economy has recoved from the pandemic shock faster than the rest of the UK it shows the benefits of been in the Single Market and a case for the rest of UK to rejoin the S.M.

Johnson is backed into a corner go a long go along the ERG plan could see a big Tory rebellion plus struggle to get this plan though the House of Lords true the Act of Parliament of 1911 could be used but the international and nation backlash would be huge. Johnson himself despite the Brexit image does not have anything against the EU only did so to gain power and personally is happy to go along with the Protocol. Then the other side of the coin he goes against ERG they could find a way to remove him perhaps Steve Baker was giving Johnson a tap on the shoulder when voting to keep Johnson or not. 

Johnson could take a third option call an early general election it's a away out risky yes but if Johnson wins he regains his authority even if we have hung parliament and the Torys have a supply and demand agreement with DUP this would suit the ERG too. If he loses he walks away with a  pension and profitable career in talks and drinks circuit. 

As just a layman I do not know the ins and outs off politics  but I cannot see use getting special favours off the USA or Australia  as they both are the equivalent to labour . And Biden is well involved in Northern Ireland . But what does a layman like me know , just a thought , and you can bet they know what as been going off over here ,