Coronavirus - Part Two.

5 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

Just going back to this...whats wrong with wearing a scarf? The legislation clearly says "face covering", of which a scarf is perfectly acceptable. It probably has the same number of holes in it as all the other masks people choose to wear, too.

I was only making a distinction for accuracies sake.

However on reflection I would suggest that a FFP3 mask is likely to offer more protection than a Primark scarf.

Legislation can be “a ass”.

Edited by RJRB

Just now, RJRB said:

I was only making a distinction for accuracies sake.

However on reflection I would suggest that a FFP3 mask is likely to offer more protection than a Primark scarf.

Indeed, but as the law says "face covering" it can be any old tat on your face and its fine.

Very handy to use a scarf in this weather tbh, well played that woman. Round the neck when outdoors, pull it up to go in the shops.

Edited by HeHasRisen

1 minute ago, HeHasRisen said:

Indeed, but as the law says "face covering" it can be any old tat on your face and its fine.

Very handy to use a scarf in this weather tbh, well played that woman. Round the neck when outdoors, pull it up to go in the shops.

I am not a big fan of paying lip service just to get by.

2 minutes ago, HeHasRisen said:

And that is your choice. I am certainly not going to admonish (in my head) anyone choosing to wrap a scarf around the lower part of their face., its probably more suitable than some "masks" out there.

Me neither,nor anyone not wearing any covering.

57 minutes ago, RJRB said:

No argument in principal but slightly disagree with your absolute assertion that they don’t work.At the outset doctors and hospital staff could not source the high grade PPE that they thought was essential.

The WHO and U.K. government then doubted their efficacy (perhaps to minimise public competition)

We then went through the make your own masks,or buy a bit of cloth with elastic on as produced by opportunistic concerns with connections.

A total scam.

It is now possible to purchase the FFP 2 and 3 masks ,at a price and if infection is down to a viral load perhaps they can have some benefit

I see the comedy turn is back😂

I've not seen a single person yet wearing an FFP type mask whilst out shopping, as the other poster says the mandate only stipulates a face covering, so people pulling their t-shirt up over their face (which I have seen done) would be deemed acceptable, its also worth noting that an FFP mask won't work on people with heavy facial hair.

15 minutes ago, top4718 said:

its also worth noting that an FFP mask won't work on people with heavy facial hair.

No, this is not true. Fit test, fit check, no facial hair ... it's all good stuff but FFP2 and FFP3 masks don't magically become useless if you don't do them.

1 hour ago, The_DADDY said:

Another day. 

Another supermarket run. 

I'm happy to report again that there was hardly a mask in sight.. 

Happy Days!!! 

Pleased to see that Tesco has all staff wearing masks and mandating that masks must be worn to enter the shop. Everyone was wearing a mask 

13 minutes ago, Carbuncle said:

No, this is not true. Fit test, fit check, no facial hair ... it's all good stuff but FFP2 and FFP3 masks don't magically become useless if you don't do them.

No one said they do become useless but its not worth wearing one at all if it isn't worn properly, facial hair has to removed if it compromises the mask seal.

8 minutes ago, Delayed said:

Pleased to see that Tesco has all staff wearing masks and mandating that masks must be worn to enter the shop. Everyone was wearing a mask 

I've never liked Tesco, more reason not to shop there.

Edited by top4718